GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

The Pink Pussycat is long, long gone.

From http://houstoricproject.com/:

attachicon.gifPink Pussycat.jpg

There you go! its happened before why not again!

hell no to a strip club and I am from from what you would call prudish... A strip club would  ruin the area.. Houston has more than enough parts of town decicated to that

You sound very prudish.

ThIs is great and all but one of the main sellin points of this place was going to be the focus of retail .. so far not a single new retail opening.. which is odd given the number of small to mid size retail being forced out of Uptown due to  redevelopment you would think witht he growing residental that attracting companies to open up DT would have gotten easlier.. Second I stil think terminating the least on one of Houston most successful clubs(Scoot gerner) was the stupidest thing ever. Have they even filled that space yet ? Not many bar are known outside of Houston and scotts was one  of the few that a celeb might have heard of when it came to Houston.

• Like 2

If they are putting in a hotel, then it wouldn't be wise to have an outdoor patio that would be producing noise until 2 am. This is especially true if they are already getting complaints from a hotel two blocks away.

I'm genuinely sorry to see it go, but if they want a music venue with a patio, then they need to find a location that won't disturb the neighbors.

If they are putting in a hotel, then it wouldn't be wise to have an outdoor patio that would be producing noise until 2 am. This is especially true if they are already getting complaints from a hotel two blocks away.

I'm genuinely sorry to see it go, but if they want a music venue with a patio, then they need to find a location that won't disturb the neighbors.

I have never heard of anybody who moved into any DT complain about noise ...if that the case the burbs maybe a better place for you

• Like 2

I have never heard of anybody who moved into any DT complain about noise ...if that the case the burbs maybe a better place for you

The difference being is that most street traffic noise is on ground level. Scott Gertner's bar was actually up in the air so the sound would radiate a further distance.

This is amazing. 7,000 sq ft of retail, demolition work begins in June.

784x2048.jpg

premium_article_portrait.jpg

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/retail/article/Luxury-project-is-latest-hotel-planned-for-5350301.php

I really think this and Hines new tower finally bring top top architecture back to downtown. This is 1st class architecture. Our heavily 80s skyline could use more of these new builds, which would balance the age and feel of downtown. Very happy to see this.

edit: Is it just me, or is there basically a new hotel going in by every new office - as if it is ying and yang. I understand the mutually benificial relationships between hotels and office, but this is just too clear...

Hilcorp - Hotel Alessandra

BG Group - JW Marriott

Hess / GRB - Marriott Marquis

609 Main - Magnolia hotel (existing already)

If Capitol Tower / International tower / Chevron tower go in, it seems very possible a large hotel would follow

Edited by Avossos
  • Like 1

Wow.  That looks fantastic.  I hope this spurs more activity along Dallas as well.

Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere, but will they be demolishing the existing structure down to the ground?  Or simply adding to the top?

I think the HBJ said they will be demolationing the area where yao was to make the space... Seems a little backwards t you would think they would have started tihs first then the renovation.. but oh well , I am most pumped about the 7,000 sq feet of reatil... which I would image will be facing Dallas St...

Lovely!  Will help fill-in that little section of Downtown with 2 nice smaller scale buildings (Hilcorp included).  Who is the architect?

And I'll second what someone above said:  Midway seems to be about on par with Hines.  They may not build as many tall/large buildings but they do quality when they do build something.

Infill+Infill+More Infill = a vibrant and energized core we can all be proud and boastful of.

• Like 1