GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

On 9/11/2023 at 8:57 AM, BeerNut said:

I heard they plan to replace the restaurant with a comedy club.

On 9/20/2023 at 3:24 PM, BeerNut said:

I have no reason to doubt the source considering industry/HOB connections.  End of the month supposed to be last day.  

Any follow-up from your source?  Per their website, the restaurant still seems to be a restaurant, with no hint of a comedy club.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 7:16 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

The sports bar chain is expanding into the Houston market at 1201 San Jacinto St., Ste 161 / 1201 Caroline St, Ste 161.

According to Tom's Watch Bar's Houston location Instagram, it's looking to open this month.

Their website says they are opening on 10/29

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Any follow-up from your source?  Per their website, the restaurant still seems to be a restaurant, with no hint of a comedy club.

a current employee confirmed the stupidity - the hob restaurant will be converted into a comedy club. He didn't mention a timeline. 
I guess the door codes won't be 1204 anymore...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, X.R. said:

Tom's did a soft, soft opening on Saturday night as said by their bar manager. Went there after the Rockets game. You don't know how nice it is to be able to walk three streets and find a place to hang out with TV's facing the street and people sitting on the patio with generally good vibes. Food was fine, typical bar fare, burger was good, etc. Good/great drink specials. The bar facing the street/patio has a great view.

They will be announcing this later, but they are going to be in partnership with the Rockets and will have the official pre-game location. Wish Crane and Co would hurry with the minute maid bars, the ability to make money is so clear. It was a clear funnel from Toyota Center to the bar, and about 30 mins after the game there were tons of people from the game there checking college football games, talking, etc. 

I randomly drove by Saturday night and they had all the windows opened to the outside and this place looks badass from the street. Definitely exceeding my expectations. 

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

AES Corp. to double downtown Houston office space - Houston Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

"The Arlington, Virginia-based company will expand from 12,500 square feet in GreenStreet Tower, at 1201 Polk St., to 25,000 square feet. Construction is slated to begin this spring, but the names of the companies working on the project were not immediately available."

• Like 5

• 1 month later...