GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

1 hour ago, Luminare said:

You could be entirely correct. Its possible a much clearer definition of terms we should use would be "department store" which you have laid out the definition to, which I can agree to, and I would proposed a second definition be "boutique store". Department store referring to the large variety, and the boutique referring to the small. Would that be a better way to construct this?

I think so. Those in Montrose are boutiques, not department stores.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Source: https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/11/14/downtown-houston-mixed-use-development-secures.html

Midway/Lionstone investments has secured a $140 million refinancing for the GreenStreet property...

The property is undergoing a renovation that  includes a new two-story lobby on the ground floor of the tower "to create a sense of arrival and distinct point of entry for office tenants and visitors" as well as "opening up central corridors to enhance visibility". 

Greenstreet signed a 15-year lease with Life Time to establish a diamond-level fitness resort and the company's coworking concept. Life Time's lease was for 108,000 square feet at 1201 main St. The company is expected to open the GreenStreet location early next year,  

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, Mattie said:

So what are the odds retail moves into their space? Parking is less than ideal if you wanted to run in and grab something quickly. 

less than 0, retail doesn't work well in Greenstreet.

It will either be more bars or office space. **Every** retail space has failed except the HoB Gear Shop, which would fail if it was on it's own.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Texasota said:

I think saying "retail doesn't work well in Greenstreet" based on Forever21 and a failing chain bookstore *and* ignoring the fact that the population downtown has literally quadrupled is a bit premature. I think something that's more of a destination (like Phoenicia has largely turned out) would work fine. Like, if they put a Muji here, it would do fine.

Agree. Forever 21 is going under. It had nothing to do with it being successful/unsuccessful in Greenstreet. And bookstores are in the same boat. Small independent bookstores are doing just fine because they offer a unique experience but larger ones like Barnes and Noble won't be around too much longer. I think any retail would work here. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Downtown slowly getting all of the amenities people have been clamoring for. So now you'll have Lifetime, the Met, and YMCA all in downtown, and if LifeTime Fitness has those lounge areas and fast-healthy food like the other locations then the downtown businesses and offices without a gym/lounge area of their own can now provide that service to their employees as a benefit of being at the DT location. And DT residents can go there too, I guess 😆

Thanks @wilcal!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, X.R. said:

Downtown slowly getting all of the amenities people have been clamoring for. So now you'll have Lifetime, the Met, and YMCA all in downtown, and if LifeTime Fitness has those lounge areas and fast-healthy food like the other locations then the downtown businesses and offices without a gym/lounge area of their own can now provide that service to their employees as a benefit of being at the DT location. And DT residents can go there too, I guess 😆

Thanks @wilcal!

I wish this location was getting a lap pool. The YMCA is nice, but it can get crowded, and another pool downtown would help relieve that. Regardless lacking a pool having new amenities downtown will be exciting for a lot of people.

Edited by jermh
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, X.R. said:

Thanks @wilcal!

Their site does say that it will feature a LifeCafe and it has a pic of a juice bar looking kind of thing, too. 

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Nole23 said:

COVID created winners and losers, and a lot of that comes down to cash flow management and debt allocation. A lot, a lot of businesses were spending in pursuit of revenue, and COVID caught the ones who were stretched thin with their pants down. Even in hospitality, some private equity groups are making a killing buying these kinds of assets. The sudden-ness of the closing means they probably weren't financially liquid enough to survive the tough time, but this will most likely be sold to some PE company and continue to be what it was. So, no fretting. Can't let all those renovations go to waste!

Edited by X.R.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, H-Town Man said:

What a death hole this whole development is.

I’m cautiously optimistic about the Life Time Green Street. It’s going to open in the spring and the facilities are large and incredible. I went in for a virtual tour over the weekend and joined at a discounted early rate. 

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, HOUCAJUN said:

Interesting to see what Brand takes over. What are the possibilities?

So many possibilities...

Edition, Luxury Collection, St Regis, Le Meridien, Autograph Collection, Tribute Portfolio, Kimpton, Curio Collection, Signia, Tapestry Collection, Canopy, Conrad, LXR, Waldorf Astoria, Loews, Regent, Intercontinental. . .