GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

what?  pal, i have read quite a few of your post over time.  didn't realize that you were the all time expert in regards to comprehension.

You seem to have taken offense where none was intended?

I was just a little unsure of what you meant in your post that I specifically asked about.  Perhaps I shall endeavor to read again what so confounded me the first time?

Edited by arche_757
  • Like 1

apologies are in order, that you were so "confounded".   i was only paying a compliment to both "triton vs larry dierker" as per their wonderful photos / illustrations.  both of these gents, are true "assets" to haif houston as per their dedication.

You seem to have taken offense where none was intended?

I was just a little unsure of what you meant in your post that I specifically asked about.  Perhaps I shall endeavor to read again what so confounded me the first time?

I barely noticed the white lighting on the building which is awesome. However, I must add Gensler should consider making these white lights multicolor so as to add a bit of flare to Greenstreet right? I mean what better way to show people Greenstreet exists with lights, although media publicity wouldn't be a bad thing either.

EDIT: I am looking at white lighting on those renderings right? If I am seriously mistaken please forgive me.

Edited by TowermaniacXD

It does look like the line that wraps around is lit, but I think that's just the rendering.

If it is lit, then I think keeping it white would be classy.

Normally  I'm all for colors, but I think it might cheapen this design somewhat.

You have a point there. Nice hotel+ ugly lighting= sad haifers :P

• Like 2

I think a little lighting goes a long way.  A properly illuminated building is elegant at night without being ostentatious - I like a few of the Dallas Downtown buildings at night but there are too many lit up.

And yes, the people on here who post photos and take the time out of their day to get information for the rest of us on here are indeed great members (speaking to monarch) - thanks for clarifying for me.  I was in a sort of blur yesterday (Monday's!).

• Like 1

Here's how it was described in the Chronicle:  To create more "connectivity," landscapers will install midblock crossings on Fannin and San Jacinto using stone pavers, he said. Those streets will be raised to be level with the sidewalk. Cars will still cross those streets, so some safety features will be added, Boss said.

I'm really surprised Public Works okayed that. Heck, they required HAWKs along Navigation to cross two lanes of one-way traffic to get the esplanade.

Got this press release this afternoon.  Plus big renderings, which are always nice.

Midway in Partnership with Houston-Based Valencia Group to Debut a New Luxury Hotel Brand at Downtown Houston’s GreenStreet
Contemporary, 25-story hotel tower to include sleek finishes, a lavish outdoor terrace and sweeping views of the downtown skyline

HOUSTON, TEXAS (March 26, 2014) – Houston-based Midway, a fully integrated real estate investment and development firm, in partnership with Valencia Group, an award-winning hospitality management and development company, announced plans today for Hotel Alessandra. The luxury property will anchor downtown Houston’s GreenStreet, a mixed-use destination located just steps from key downtown destinations such as the George R. Brown Convention Center, Toyota Center and Discovery Green park.

Although Hotel Alessandra’s design is still evolving, the contemporary-designed property is expected to feature approximately 225 elegant rooms and suites with oversized bathrooms, as well as premier meeting and event spaces equipped with the latest technological amenities.

Seems like nobody noticed this from the press release. Hopefully it's just speaking of interior design, not the outside.

• Like 1