GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

GreenStreetLogo.jpg

talk about placing the green in GREENSTREET.  simply outstanding illustrations triton!  the lush and yet colorful escalator overheads.. are simply luxurious!  this downtown houston

mixed use development, is slowly but surely turning into a masterpiece.  once HOTEL ALESSANDRA officially arrives..  GREENSTREET, shall become an icon.  bet on it! 

Edited by monarch

Are there any improvements to the street-facing side? The cavernous interior still feels a bit narrow and claustrophobic to me, especially with all the obstacles blocking one's path (trees, escalators, planters in that last shot) and assuming traffic picks up. I do think they made the most of the space available in terms of making it look really nice. 

Edited by barracuda

Hotel Alessandra will for sure start in the "3rd Quarter this year"..., reliable source.

they are currently salvaging materials from the unused spaces where allesandra is going, then once SkyHouse's leasing office moves to Skyhouse, they will demo and salvage that.

then... my coworkers and i get to take out our aggressions with sledge hammers on the soon to be demoed space, then the real demo crew comes in  :)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Geez, for the past week I keep meaning to bring this up, but I keep forgetting.

The entire Greenstreet complex has these cool blue lights on every column, except for the columns where Hotel Alessandra is planned to go in. Just thought that was kinda interesting. I'll see if I can snap a picture some time to show you guys what I'm talking about.

Geez, for the past week I keep meaning to bring this up, but I keep forgetting.

The entire Greenstreet complex has these cool blue lights on every column, except for the columns where Hotel Alessandra is planned to go in. Just thought that was kinda interesting. I'll see if I can snap a picture some time to show you guys what I'm talking about.

yes, please triton.  i would love to see just how those "blue lights" are integrated upon this complex.  thanks in advance!

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-real-estate/houston/2520-the-future-of-downtown/

"GreenStreet is nearing the end of its renovations—the team tells us the last finishing details are the large fountains that will anchor each side of the property (Main/Dallas and Caroline/Dallas). The Lawn is complete—pictured, it will soon house events like outdoor movies. Midway also plans to break ground on the stylish Hotel Alessandra (225 keys, 25 stories) this fall."

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-real-estate/houston/2520-the-future-of-downtown/

"GreenStreet is nearing the end of its renovations—the team tells us the last finishing details are the large fountains that will anchor each side of the property (Main/Dallas and Caroline/Dallas). The Lawn is complete—pictured, it will soon house events like outdoor movies. Midway also plans to break ground on the stylish Hotel Alessandra (225 keys, 25 stories) this fall."

So does this mean that they aren't going to be making any exterior improvements?

Any bets that the construction work on this hotel will actually prevent any new retail tenant from leasing and may drive away some existing tenants?

I love the idea of a hotel as it holds the promise of helping to fix this development and make it actually vibrant. But the road to vibrancy may be bumpier than the road humps just installed!

Any bets that the construction work on this hotel will actually prevent any new retail tenant from leasing and may drive away some existing tenants?

I love the idea of a hotel as it holds the promise of helping to fix this development and make it actually vibrant. But the road to vibrancy may be bumpier than the road humps just installed!

super bowl 17, is now on it's way to houston.  it would be profoundly shortsighted, as per any retail establishment, to just up and leave downtown, in light of such future revenue success...

super bowl 17, is now on it's way to houston. it would be profoundly shortsighted, as per any retail establishment, to just up and leave downtown, in light of such future revenue success...

I did not suggest that they will "up and leave" downtown. What I did say is that NEW tenants might choose to lease elsewhere and existing tenants may have their businesses impacted by a couple of years of hotel construction that they simple decide to relocate elsewhere (within downtown or otherwise).

F21 is adjacent to this construction as is that EXPENSIVE woman's boutique upstairs. Will they stay admits the dust, noise, hammering, digging, and general mayhem of a couple of years of hotel construction? We shall see.

I know zero about these matters but, this large construction project may actually kill the little retail that remains in that development and it may need to be re-established (hopefully) after construction.

I did not suggest that they will "up and leave" downtown. What I did say is that NEW tenants might choose to lease elsewhere and existing tenants may have their businesses impacted by a couple of years of hotel construction that they simple decide to relocate elsewhere (within downtown or otherwise).

F21 is adjacent to this construction as is that EXPENSIVE woman's boutique upstairs. Will they stay admits the dust, noise, hammering, digging, and general mayhem of a couple of years of hotel construction? We shall see.

I know zero about these matters but, this large construction project may actually kill the little retail that remains in that development and it may need to be re-established (hopefully) after construction.

your concern, is indeed upon target.  however, just think about the owners of this ambitious project.. midway cos. (city centre, etc..) they have a serious amount of experience upon these matters.  city centre, is always rapidly expanding / developing construction wise.  and it does not seem to adversely affect it's current tenant in the least.  i guess that when all is hereby said and done.. it's all about construction incentives set in place, as per the landlords.   which shall be designed to help ease any constructions burdens, as per their respective tenants.    

Here is a phot of the blue lights on Greenstreet (right, top of photo). Note the absence of the blue lights on the site where the future Hotel Alessandra is being built.

Exciting times. Go Coogs!

Thank you so much!! This is exactly what I was talking about. The lights are a perfect indicator where the hotel's perimeter is.