GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

ya i'm counting 28ish with several of floors having above average ceiling height. this thing should be in the 30-story range in terms of true height.

the taller it is the better, and I am not just saying that as a blanket statement. The building around this future hotel hover between 11 and 23  Stories. the view of DT will look better with a more significant variation in height.

Beautiful building. 335 MM is alot.

quite a few new places going up with roof top pools. they are going to have epic views of the skyline!

this one should be the highest, at around 32 stories, but then theres also the rooftop pools at SkyHouse and 1400 Texas.

*i figure around 33 stories because there are 9 floors with raised ceilings, and 19 regular height hotel floors. that would be 28+9x(~1/2.. however much taller you think the raised ceiling floors are than the regular floors), and get somewhere around 32.5 stories.

I'm a bit behind, and haven't able to read the articles, but am I to assume that they are doing a complete demo to put in a new Foundation?

The article doesn't specifically say anything about a new foundation, but it says demolition is to begin in June.  And of course a 25+ story building will pretty clearly require a new foundation.

yeah it was posted a page or two back.. where the SkyHouse leasing office is, behind Forever XXI

and where Yao's restaurant was.

Edited by Houston19514

Everything on that side of the block except Forever XXI will have to be razed, and they'll dig down for the foundation, too.

the fun part will be that the other half of the block, where the bookstore used t be and where NRG is now, will have to stay open, so, y'all will get some GREAT closeup shots from me as I walk in to work, and stumble home afterwards... lol

the circular sky walks will stay- that particular one is over Fannin, and part of it is inside NRG... The developers of the Pavilions once said they are the one thing they are the most proud of...

From Midway website 

Midway, in partnership with Valencia Group, will open the 225-room luxury hotel, Hotel Alessandra, at GreenStreet in late 2016. Joining the impressive retail, restaurant and entertainment line-up at GreenStreet, the hotel will fill the growing need for more accommodations in the area, in addition to providing an important anchor in the city’s plan for a vibrant, mixed-use retail district in downtown Houston.

An express elevator will transfer guests to a 25th-floor lobby with skyline views during check-in and a sleek glass exterior that extends over a rooftop pool and bar. The contemporary-designed property will feature premier meeting and event spaces equipped with the latest technological amenities. Plans also include architectural details that will allow for sweeping views of the city and lavish indoor-outdoor spaces

http://midwaycompanies.com/projects/detail/hotel-alessandra

• Like 2

Could be an Onion article... "Architecture Enthusiasts Applaud Design of Hotel Most Will Not Afford to Stay In"

"The views from that 25th floor check-in lobby must be phenomenal!" gushed forum member H-Town Man, who will himself never see the lobby in person, as he usually caps his budget "somewhere around Hilton or Marriott" when traveling.

As national wealth becomes increasingly concentrated in the top 10%, a wave of new development is catering to this well-heeled sector, even while the other 90% cheers the new designs.

etc.

Gensler is the architect. Hi-res renderings below.

13428584434_d74e08c0df_o.jpg

is it just me or does the alley way/pedestrian promenade look way wider in this rendering than it really is? it seems like you couldnt have more than 5 people walking side by side in the current set up. now you could easily have 10. will they really widen it that much? i thought work was supposed to be done in a few months so i didnt figure any more serious structural changes would be made (besides obviously the hotel)