GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

• 2 weeks later...

Some  chick named Sandy had some new glasses..btw..the new forum software sucks.  What was the reason for the switch?  You can't post decent images to this site anymore,  and the ads are intrusive.

tmp_3723-2016-05-18 18.44.13218211178.jpg

• Like 8

I agree, and when did they switch over to the pre cast facade.  it was so promising when they released the first rendering. 

They really blew it with this one. Its going to look just like the rest of their building. Ugly. No-one is going to get excited about staying there.

They needed something more exciting to attract people  to stay there.

Actually, it looks to me quite similar to the rendering.  Not as much contrast in the facade's colors, but I think it will look nice when the package is complete.  It's location on the newly redone Dallas St. takes it up a notch or two, too. 

Edited by MarathonMan
  • Like 4

logo.jpg

^^^ @astros148 hey my pal, it's just humble beginnings.  however, at the very end of the day, please remember that this development is owned 

by MIDWAY CORP... as in citycentre fame.  their stellar reputation is on the line here.  alessandra shall be first class....

Doesn't look like they are going down the 1st close road to me.  Looks like they took the average route. 

I'm surprised we have not fallen into the low expectations we usually fall into and begin talking along the lines of "at least it's not as bad as embassy suites".

This hotel might still become the it spot, but it sure could have been helped along on that path if the original plan was built. 

14 hours ago, astros148 said:

Location makes the building more attractive looks wise? Therse no doubt that this building will be good for greenstreet but it is coming out UGLY. Do you see those window borders? Are you kidding me? It looks like the new hampton that was built.

Actually, yes.  I do think the streetscape has an impact on the aesthetic of a building.  The building exists in harmony with its surroundings.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, MarathonMan said:

Actually, yes.  I do think the streetscape has an impact on the aesthetic of a building.  The building exists in harmony with its surroundings.

As a landscape architect I approve this message.  Good landscape architecture should harmonize with its surroundings.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

You should take another look.  This is looking exactly like the second rendering.

The shape is the exact same but the materials are not. Materials matter. This is looking like cheap precast rather than stone and steel. 

• Like 3