GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

logo.png

ANNOUNCING HOTEL ALESSANDRA

She arrives Summer 2017

Valencia Group welcomes a new luxury downtown Houston hotel to our ever-growing portfolio of award-winning hotels, Hotel Alessandra. Once again, Midway and Valencia Group partner on their first hotel since the resounding success of Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE. Alessandra is the eldest of her European sister brands, Valencia and Sorella. She is more fluent, well-traveled and distinctly more glamorous than her younger sisters. Guests will immediately be drawn to her sense of style and sensuality.

Plans reveal a sleek and contemporary exterior coupled with sophisticated and luxurious finishes that will emphasize Hotel Alessandra’s beautiful simplicity interwoven with a sense of timelessness and sophistication.  Located at GreenStreet in downtown Houston, our newest hotel will transform this urban area into a vibrant and well–rounded environment. We cordially invite you to join us in welcoming one of the best Houston hotel locations for business travel, groups, meetings and weddings.

Slated to debut in the summer of 2017, at GreenStreet, this 20 story sky-rise hotel will be amid shopping and entertainment including House of Blues and III Forks Steakhouse and conveniently located just steps away from prominent downtown destinations such as the George R. Brown Convention Center, Toyota Center, and Discovery Green. Whether for leisure or business travel, this new hotel will prove ideal.

Inspired by Houston’s towering skyscrapers and GreenStreet’s modern themes, Hotel Alessandra will feature 223 elegantly appointed rooms and suites with oversized bathrooms and private balconies.  The interior design will reflect a strong vertical design and an overall minimalist approach to décor.  An appreciation of height, space and natural light will also be apparent throughout the hotel from the soaring ceilings in the lobby to the beautiful, luxurious décor of its suites and guest rooms.  The lobby, lounge, and hotel restaurant will be on the second floor.  Designer Lauren Rottet, Founder for Rottet Studio says “Alessandra transplants old world sophistication to blend seamlessly with Southern charm, sophistication, and a business savvy mindset.”

Additional amenities will include meeting spaces and a ballroom on the third floor, a spa, pool and fitness center on the fifth floor. 

Guests will enjoy comfort, sophistication, and an experience complete with lavish indoor and outdoor spaces with elegant design features throughout the hotel. Hotel Alessandra will combine comfort, elegance and the cultural influence of European lifestyle with the pioneering spirit of the Texas wildcatter to create a uniquely Houston Hotel. San Francisco-based Gensler is the design architect, and Houston-based Rottet Studios is the interior architect.

^^^ @hindesky  here you go my pal......

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, swtsig said:

this thing looks hideous.

hero-60.jpg

hotel-sorella-citycentre-2.jpg

007756-09-mona-pool-night.jpg

^^^ @swtsig ok, i get what you are saying here.  in fact, i'm still laughing!  however, i really really really do believe that the MIDWAY COS  vs VALENCIA GROUP shall perform any and all to turn this project into a 5***** masterpiece.  just take a good look at their HOTEL SORELLA property.  it's not a ringing endorsement of pure beauty.  however, it's all of the added accoutrements and special touches / amenities that have made this 5***** development a sure winner.  not to mention my pal, HOTEL ALESSANDRA, is supposed to be their most mature and elegant property of all the others combined.  therefore, i cannot wait to start seeing the sun beaming from behind the clouds on this particular project.....

Edited by monarch
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, monarch said:

logo.png

ANNOUNCING HOTEL ALESSANDRA

She arrives Summer 2017

Valencia Group welcomes a new luxury downtown Houston hotel to our ever-growing portfolio of award-winning hotels, Hotel Alessandra. Once again, Midway and Valencia Group partner on their first hotel since the resounding success of Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE. Alessandra is the eldest of her European sister brands, Valencia and Sorella. She is more fluent, well-traveled and distinctly more glamorous than her younger sisters. Guests will immediately be drawn to her sense of style and sensuality.

Plans reveal a sleek and contemporary exterior coupled with sophisticated and luxurious finishes that will emphasize Hotel Alessandra’s beautiful simplicity interwoven with a sense of timelessness and sophistication.  Located at GreenStreet in downtown Houston, our newest hotel will transform this urban area into a vibrant and well–rounded environment. We cordially invite you to join us in welcoming one of the best Houston hotel locations for business travel, groups, meetings and weddings.

Slated to debut in the summer of 2017, at GreenStreet, this 20 story sky-rise hotel will be amid shopping and entertainment including House of Blues and III Forks Steakhouse and conveniently located just steps away from prominent downtown destinations such as the George R. Brown Convention Center, Toyota Center, and Discovery Green. Whether for leisure or business travel, this new hotel will prove ideal.

Inspired by Houston’s towering skyscrapers and GreenStreet’s modern themes, Hotel Alessandra will feature 223 elegantly appointed rooms and suites with oversized bathrooms and private balconies.  The interior design will reflect a strong vertical design and an overall minimalist approach to décor.  An appreciation of height, space and natural light will also be apparent throughout the hotel from the soaring ceilings in the lobby to the beautiful, luxurious décor of its suites and guest rooms.  The lobby, lounge, and hotel restaurant will be on the second floor.  Designer Lauren Rottet, Founder for Rottet Studio says “Alessandra transplants old world sophistication to blend seamlessly with Southern charm, sophistication, and a business savvy mindset.”

Additional amenities will include meeting spaces and a ballroom on the third floor, a spa, pool and fitness center on the fifth floor. 

Guests will enjoy comfort, sophistication, and an experience complete with lavish indoor and outdoor spaces with elegant design features throughout the hotel. Hotel Alessandra will combine comfort, elegance and the cultural influence of European lifestyle with the pioneering spirit of the Texas wildcatter to create a uniquely Houston Hotel. San Francisco-based Gensler is the design architect, and Houston-based Rottet Studios is the interior architect.

^^^ @hindesky  here you go my pal......

"Private balconies? "

also, with the lobby and lobby bar on the second floor, what will gon on the first floor?  

"A uniquely Houston hotel".   That is likely true, but it's not a compliment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

five-golden-stars-word-hotel-silver-isol

^^^ @CrockpotandGravel  props my pal for the gorgeous renders / concepts.  however, should the interior design actually be developed according to these renders, then this hotel shall become the toast of texas.  there is simply no other hospitality property within this huge state that could rival this interior design.  MY GOD!

35 minutes ago, monarch said:

five-golden-stars-word-hotel-silver-isol

^^^ @CrockpotandGravel  props my pal for the gorgeous renders / concepts.  however, should the interior design actually be developed according to these renders, then this hotel shall become the toast of texas.  there is simply no other hospitality property within this huge state that could rival this interior design.  MY GOD!

I mean it's really nice, but the black stone, green couch, and wood remind me of Champions Forest in the 90's.

edit: and to call it the finest in the state is a bit of a stretch...

Edited by Montrose1100
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Montrose1100 said:

I mean it's really nice, but the black stone, green couch, and wood remind me of Champions Forest in the 90's.

^^^ did you really take a good and careful look at those highly unique renderings / concepts?  please tell me what hospitality property within this great state of ours that shall incorporate such high-end state of the art luxury.  please trust me my pal, TEXAS has some extremely high-end properties throughout, and i have seen many of them.  however, i have not yet witnessed any that shall incorporate the kind of high-end UBER exotic luxury that is referenced upon those renderings that we have viewed within this cool thread.  if you can hereby point some out, then please do so kind sir...

Edited by monarch

2 hours ago, monarch said:

^^^ did you really take a good and careful look at those highly unique renderings / concepts?  please tell me what hospitality property within this great state of ours that shall incorporate such high-end state of the art luxury.  please trust me my pal, TEXAS has some extremely high-end properties throughout, and i have seen many of them.  however, i have not yet witnessed any that shall incorporate the kind of high-end UBER exotic luxury that is referenced upon those renderings that we have viewed within this cool thread.  if you can hereby point some out, then please do so kind sir...

Edit: Forget it. I should know better than to discuss opinions with someone who thinks black marble and gold trim are high-end UBER exotic luxury. You'll probably explode when you see the ZaZa rooms.

This hotel will make Houston rain diamonds and encourage Dallas St. to be paved in gold. You're right, sorry, carry on.

Edited by Montrose1100
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Montrose1100 said:

Edit: Forget it. I should know better than to discuss opinions with someone who thinks black marble and gold trim are high-end UBER exotic luxury. You'll probably explode when you see the ZaZa rooms.

This hotel will make Houston rain diamonds and encourage Dallas St. to be paved in gold. You're right, sorry, carry on.

Hotel+Zaza.gif

^^^ you're a little late with the zaza analogy my pal... been there done that.  please remember @Montrose1100 i work in the middle east.  therefore, i have become privy to some of the most magnificent hotels in the world.  dubai, cape town, sa, shanghai, taiwan, kuala lumpur, maylaysia, london, paris, italy, bali, and then some.  please trust me when i say that i know my hotels.  when i laid eyes upon certain elements within those renders / concepts, there were certain details that i had never seen before.  should HOTEL ALESSANDRA proceed forward with that form of exotic UBER interior design, that hotel will be damn near a 6****** star...

57 minutes ago, monarch said:

^^^ magnificent dallas hospitality edifice.  however, i could very easily equate THE JOULE with HOTEL SORRELA or even HOTEL GRANDUCA in houston.

Either you've never been to The Joule or you have some strong bias.

Whichever it is, I'm excited to see how Alessandra turns out.

38 minutes ago, Sic'EmBears said:

Either you've never been to The Joule or you have some strong bias.

Whichever it is, I'm excited to see how Alessandra turns out.

getlstd-property-photo.jpg

Fairmont-2-650x500.jpg

5bb318be-5d5f-4e97-a276-8e22eabe6642.jpg

198970_20130530110904.gif

^^^ should i ever decide to start adding "strong bias" to any hospitality property in this great world of ours, i can assure you that the FAIRMONT THE PALM DUBAI wins!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2016 at 1:28 PM, Montrose1100 said:

That's hilarious, but I totally see the point.  It does have that 1980s vibe going. 

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 1:28 PM, Montrose1100 said:

Or maybe that little condo tower across Cypress Creek?

• Like 2