GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

On 4/26/2015 at 4:42 PM, cloud713 said:

Yeah.. Like half a year after its scheduled to be complete.

Fall 2016 is half a year before the Super Bowl but nowhere near completion. 17 stories and rising but will not be taking reservations for any Super Bowl fans.

MPra8kE.jpg

XbL91qa.jpg

• Like 7

^^^ @hindesky this development seems to be coming together just fine.  every time that i lay eyes upon these cool illustrations, this facility reminds me more and more of HOTEL SORELLA... MIDWAY's CITYCENTRE 5* masterpiece.  let us be patient here HAIF stalwarts, HOTEL ALESSANDRA'S beauty shall come shining through....  

• Like 1

One reason why it is going slowly is they can only do certain jobs when Forever 21 is closed and there's no one in the patio areas.   This includes grinding, welding,  and cement pours on the F21 side of the building.

Once the windows are in place,  the interior will go fast.

The last rendering had the detail around the windows in something like a grey and a dark dark grey "zig-zag".  Will they be painting this building that color or am I to understand that we have another beige and tan building in downtown?

Edited by UtterlyUrban
Spelling

35 minutes ago, UtterlyUrban said:

The last rendering had the detail around the windows in something like a grey and a dark dark grey "zig-zag".  Will they be painting this building that color or am I to understand that we have another beige and tan building in downtown?

See Hindesky's first pic - the zig zag patern is there. 

IIRC, it's going to be beige to fit with the rest of the GreenStreet complex. 

On May 29, 2016 at 7:46 PM, hindesky said:

MPra8kE.jpg

• Like 1

I see the zigzag and was not suggesting it was "missing".  Rather, I don't see the colors of the second rendering on the building.

Seems to me that the second rendering with its deeper shades fit in very well with the rest of Greenstreet.  I mean, I don't know much, but I know that solid beige pants can be worn with just about any shirt color...... Except more beige.  Beige on beige just looks bland --- with clothes or buildings.  

haha well yeah its called GREENstreet so why not put like a pop of green somehow? like a green stripe or perhaps they will do that with some cool signage? but i actually like a monotone look, but yep, a pop of color would definitely draw attention to the building and make it more interesting...maybe.... ;) 

On May 31, 2016 at 7:05 PM, UtterlyUrban said:

I see the zigzag and was not suggesting it was "missing".  Rather, I don't see the colors of the second rendering on the building.

Seems to me that the second rendering with its deeper shades fit in very well with the rest of Greenstreet.  I mean, I don't know much, but I know that solid beige pants can be worn with just about any shirt color...... Except more beige.  Beige on beige just looks bland --- with clothes or buildings.  

Could be a slight revision from gray to alternating shades of beige. But IIRC, while there is a deep gray used on the trim of the complex, there's also alternating shades of beige on some of the existing structures (like the old Books-A-Million space) and even on the brick pavers. 

ph_901_alessandra_rendering_744_455_1.jp

12 hours ago, gene said:

haha well yeah its called GREENstreet so why not put like a pop of green somehow? like a green stripe or perhaps they will do that with some cool signage? but i actually like a monotone look, but yep, a pop of color would definitely draw attention to the building and make it more interesting...maybe.... ;) 

The already have green signage (albeit small). They've added green roofs on the escalator canopies, some hanging vines in spots, and the lawn on the center block. Dallas St redo adds a tad bit more green too with its landscaping. Heck, they've even added a Salata lol

IMG_0103_490_327.jpg

greenstreet-green-court.jpg

• Like 3

oh awesome! i need to go revisit that place to see the changes and additions etc! so yeah, seriously, they need to put a darn green stripe on that hotel or change those window borders to green or put a neon green light down the side or something :)

• Like 1

Color is sooooo last century.  Take a look around at any nearby parking lot or other car grouping - almost everything is on some continuum from black through gray/silver to white.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...