GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

15 hours ago, hindesky said:

Hoar Construction will be closing the streets around the site for the tower crane removal this weekend.

6pm Fri to 5am Mon.

Crikey.  Between this and 609 Main's concurrent street closures, downtown navigation is going to be a bit... problematic.

• Like 2

Just now, Houston19514 said:

sooooooo..... it won't be done in time for Super Bowl.  What's your point?

That was such an educated response. Common sense will tell you that this thing almost looks done with a solid 2 months left before the big game. Looks like they have a chance to finish, maybe. That's my point. 

3 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

That was such an educated response. Common sense will tell you that this thing almost looks done with a solid 2 months left before the big game. Looks like they have a chance to finish, maybe. That's my point. 

Actually, common sense tells me it does not look anywhere near done.  It is not even completely closed-in yet.

Edited by Houston19514

You've clearly never worked construction. They seem to be at least 2 months ahead of their scheduled opening. The "closed-in" side you're referring to isn't 2 months worth of work if the money is there. And if they're ahead, that means the money is there to speed up construction. I figured they would barely be installing window panels.

Edited by j_cuevas713

2 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

You've clearly never worked construction. They seem to be at least 2 months ahead of their scheduled opening. The "closed-in" side you're referring to isn't 2 months worth of work if the money is there. And if they're ahead, that means the money is there to speed up construction. I figured they would barely be installing window panels.

Actually, I have worked construction.  But that is beside the point.  One does not have to have worked construction to know this is not what a hotel looks like 2 months before opening.

LOL   So book yourself a room at the Hotel Alesandra for Super Bowl. Knock yourself out.

Edited by Houston19514

I know you guys have already started arguing about the completion date.... but has anyone actually seen the progress on the inside of the hotel?  Like where the guests actually stay?  It's one thing to have the outside complete, but I would think a finished out interior is the main thing that matters in terms of booking rooms.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, phillip_white said:

I know you guys have already started arguing about the completion date.... but has anyone actually seen the progress on the inside of the hotel?  Like where the guests actually stay?  It's one thing to have the outside complete, but I would think a finished out interior is the main thing that matters in terms of booking rooms.

Don't know.  I've been trying to get by there to take a closer look on the ground...

But, at least according to our the most recent pictures in this thread, the outside is not even done.  That is why I say that common sense tells us that the hotel is not looking like it will be open in less than 2 months.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...