George R. Brown Convention Center Redevelopment, Office Building & W Hotel

Sunstar

Thanks for sharing another drones eye view of downtown Philip_white.

Another area that would be interesting is the area around the market square theater district with the bayou.

The northwest quadrant of downtown and the post office site showing the overall view of those so we could see how this fits together.

Thanks keep up the great work.

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 1

On 11/14/2016 at 8:05 PM, wilcal said:

Was walking around Discovery Green tonight to try out a new 100% manual lens I got (Rokinon 12mm) and the new art display caught my eye. Didn't realize it premiered today! 

The purple/blue highlights change to greenish every few seconds. Wonderful installation!

Great shot for having just got the lens.

It's a great lens too, you should enjoy it :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

@Montrose1100 yes, it's Landry's. One of their higher end, signature restaurants but reportedly will be different from the other Grotto locations.

I'm not a huge fan of any of their restaurants but the Grotto in Market Street is decent. We shall see.

Edited by Montrose1100
  • Like 1

As i said earlier, never underestimate the speed with which these restaurant construction crews work. They are usually part of a corporate team that comes in and overwhelms the site with an army of workers who know the plan and have very well organized systems that usually fit seamlessly together all the way down to the decorations, posters, art and furnishings. This isn't their first rodeo. The kitchen crews are probably training  in other restaurants in the chain and they have probably started hiring and training staffs already. Management most likely started training and planning six months ago. I moved to Austin in February to oversee construction and hire and train a staff for a June opening of the Carrabbas I operated in 1994. 

• Like 3