George R. Brown Convention Center Redevelopment, Office Building & W Hotel

Sunstar

what-your-word-for-attractive-says-about

^^^ @'Stonian  wow!  we simply cannot thank you enough for both of these most glorious illustrations.  as i have noted within a few post above, i have been awaiting the debut of ed wilson's most heralded $1.03mm bird sculpture for quite some time now, and there was simply no way that i was ready to accept the fact that this magnificent and yet prospective work of art has somehow evolved into a bunch of rabid roustabout halloween bats.  no way!  however, what you have so very generously captured above has left me stunned.  ed wilson's work proceeds him, as it is always intellectual as well as remarkable.  however, he has indeed surpassed all expectations here at the GRB.  this art piece is immaculate, stunning, and downright perfection.  this artwork looks like something right out of the VATICAN in rome.  i kindly thank you again @'Stonian and i hope that i can find a way to stop gazing at your brilliant illustrations... 

• Like 4

On 11/3/2016 at 3:29 AM, monarch said:

magnificent and yet prospective work of art has somehow evolved into a bunch of rabid roustabout halloween bats. 

It's amazing how the lighting of a photograph can completely dictate what the subject looks like.

In the case of the photograph displayed initially we were looking at back light so all we saw was really a bad shadow of the installation.

In the case of the second set of photographs, we are able to see the beauty of the installation thanks to the lighting focusing on the art.

• Like 3

--400.png

^^^ calling all HAIF wizards.  does anyone harbor a clue as to just what is this incredible brand new LIGHTING design element that is now being installed upon the GROUND directly in front of the MIDDLE atrium of the GRB?  this has to be the most incredible new element besides the magnificent new dancing fountain that is also now under construction.  let us start from the bottom right going up.... you have THE WHARF with the two red tower poles on each side.  then you have THE FOUNTAIN under construction.  and now you have the SURPRISE LIGHTING DISPLAY ELEMENT that i have not heard or read about on the ground.  anyone know anything about this?  i wonder why this particular cool element has not yet been disclosed to the public thus far?  my only guess (and this is only my guess) is that this is part of the mobile stage design for when they include stage acts right in the middle of the plaza.  this lighting could be used to help with lighting underneath the portable stage to act in creating a really cool aesthetic overall.  (just my guess)  i find this new design element TOTALLY AWESOME...  please click on the illustration for a much better view....

Edited by monarch

so i take it the left red pillar will be lit up the same as the right...but wow amazing photographs and like i keep saying...i would have NEVER thought i would be excited to see or go to the GRB...but this is just awesome...i LOVE Discovery Green! 

• Like 4