George R. Brown Convention Center Redevelopment, Office Building & W Hotel

Sunstar

On 9/20/2016 at 1:28 PM, bobruss said:

Once the shell was built for the Carrabbas I was managing partner of in Austin it took just under 4 months to finish. Of course there were people everywhere all

night the last few days putting in booths,  hanging ceramics on the walls finish painting somethings. Its incredible to watch the process up close but its done all of the time.

They usually have a knock out crew for last minute details and the interiors come in all at once and before you know it your serving dinner.

From building the coffee shop, the two main things that would create setbacks were, questions from the contractors on the drawings, and permits.

I'd imagine the places with a lot of weight behind them will have a fixer living at the permit center that knows how to keep the train moving, and they'll have all the answers for the contractors. 

7 hours ago, monarch said:

^^^ @tigereye beautiful and amazing work details thus far my pal.  it just seems that there is a WHOLE LOT left to do between now and SUPER BOWL...... wow!

Thanks @monarch. There's still work to be done but I think they'll be wrapped up by Thanksgiving, maybe sooner. There was work being done yesterday while the place hosted multiple events with weekend crowds enjoying the good weather next door.

The ADLA work is down to installing the "Wings Over Water" (WOW?) sculpture, the Wharf, and landscaping. Exterior work is down to applying the final pieces. Most of the work left is with the interior spaces. The grand lobby & concourse have some work to be done but are fairly close to completion. But the restaurant spaces haven't started work yet so that would be the only concern IMO.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Houston19514 said:

FWIW, that was not for interviews.  That was an orientation session for some 10,000 volunteers.  I think interviews are over.

I was in that line!!

It was a couple hours of cheerleading for us volunteers - we heard how important we are to the whole 10 day Super Bowl experience, saw what our uniforms will look like, heard from various speakers, etc...it was all hosted by Deborah Duncan

Edited by HoustonMidtown
  • Like 5