George R. Brown Convention Center Redevelopment, Office Building & W Hotel

Sunstar

8 minutes ago, cloud713 said:

I wonder if this is the same football countdown sculpture thats been in front of IAH, or if there are multiple countdown sculptures?

There are multiple ones. Saw one two nights ago at Hobby when I flew back from Vegas.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2016 at 2:28 PM, Urbannizer said:

Related to the Houston First proposal or a new project altogether?

While Bill is a pioneer in historic preservation in Houston, some might be surprised to find out he's also building a shiny new convention center hotel (breaking ground after the Super Bowl)

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/hotel/bill-franks-is-proving-houston-is-serious-about-preservation-61229?rt=19126?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser

I love how subtle Bisnow is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2016 at 2:28 PM, Urbannizer said:

Related to the Houston First proposal or a new project altogether?

While Bill is a pioneer in historic preservation in Houston, some might be surprised to find out he's also building a shiny new convention center hotel (breaking ground after the Super Bowl)

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/hotel/bill-franks-is-proving-houston-is-serious-about-preservation-61229?rt=19126?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser

I hope the hotel is in front of the GHP building...that surface lot needs to go

This is such huge news. Not just for the Superbowl or even Discovery Green... this makes a lot more property in that area even more attractive. I'm thinking especially of the large vacant lot next to Marriott Marquis. No way we don't hear about a proposal for that property in the relatively near future.

Edited by Triton
  • Like 7