GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

You know those things they put on windows and walls with people shopping or in similar scenery in place of an empty retail space until someone leases it? That's what this looks like.

In all practicality, is that what this actually is?

Its really just marketing. They were able to drive a lot of publicity to the center for probably a reasonably low cost with the added benefit of using this as a way to portray that it's going to be "different". It may not last long, but it should have a bigger impact than a bunch of 30 second TV spots.

Its really just marketing. They were able to drive a lot of publicity to the center for probably a reasonably low cost with the added benefit of using this as a way to portray that it's going to be "different". It may not last long, but it should have a bigger impact than a bunch of 30 second TV spots.

I had lunch at market street with my parents today and saw this mural. I think GreenStreet should have done something more along the lines of this.

What do y'all think? :/

Sorry it is so dark. I just noticed it. Still well worth it!!!

post-723-0-94289800-1370733090_thumb.jpg

I had lunch at market street with my parents today and saw this mural. I think GreenStreet should have done something more along the lines of this.

What do y'all think? :/

Sorry it is so dark. I just noticed it. Still well worth it!!!

I really like the fact that this kind of art is springing up around town. One of the things that I love about Houston is the sense of self that is developing. In my opinion, this is becoming a great city because it isn't trying to imitate other cities. More and more, we're striking our own path.

• Like 2

come to think of it, for the last few work nights, i haven;t seen anyone pissing on the sidewalk on the way to the parking lot, haven't heard anyone screaming at the top of their lungs, nor have I seen any of the smoking hot chicks that used to frequent Gertners...

Why did they close - seemed busy whenever I was at HP or Greeb street whatever

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/food/06-10-13-night-club-quietly-shutters-the-reimagined-houston-pavilions-loses-another-tenant/

the article here says it closed because his bar didn't fit in to their long term plans. anyone know what direction the former pavillions is headed?

Strolled through there today and there is absolutely zero signs of any work,.

Renderings and latest info:

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Design-for-planned-downtown-hotel-gets-a-revision-6048121.php#/0

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/34/33/43/7452911/7/1366x1366.jpg

http://www.downtowntirz.com/downtownhouston/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/alessandra.png

• Like 3

Well I would think they would paint or redecorate or something in the interim to show that there's movement on the project. 

I am following this project closer because I think it could really have a huge impact on DT.

But if they don't turn it inside out and put everything facing out to the streets on the street level I don't think it will work. It's my observation that women do not like to walk through the Pavillions because it is very enclosed. Which is understandable.

Acc to the HBJ article:

"Construction will begin this month and is scheduled to take about six to nine months to complete. The project will remain open during construction."

That was April 4th. So just looking at it from the street it appears the schedule has been pushed back. Already discouraging (to me.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...