GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

paste the link into a google search box.  Then click on the first search result.

Actually, what you have to do is open the link, then copy the HEADLINE of the article. Then paste taht headline into google search. Click on the first result and you should get the entire article. Houston19514 simply mistyped link for headline.

Actually, what you have to do is open the link, then copy the HEADLINE of the article. Then paste taht headline into google search. Click on the first result and you should get the entire article. Houston19514 simply mistyped link for headline.

FWIW, I routinely do it be copying and pasting the link.

Guest Jackwood

Thanks TowerSpotter, I did not ask "what" are jumbotrons. I know what they are. I asked where are the jumbotrons? I don't see them in the renderings. I see something that looks like a banner or a sign.  I was hoping that the new owners were going to install jumbotrons but these renderings don't look very conclusive.

Edited by Jackwood

Thanks TowerSpotter, I did not ask "what" are jumbotrons. I know what they are. I asked where are the jumbotrons? I don't see them in the renderings. I see something that looks like a banner or a sign. I was hoping that the new owners were going to install jumbotrons but these renderings don't look very conclusive.

Youre right, they could be just big banners.

Hanging out at HP several times over the years I've always felt the best place for a giant screen would be on the House of Blues wall facing east towards Discovery Green and the Toyota Center.

I think part of their demise was failing to capitalize on the huge crowds coming in and out of Discovery Green, the GRB and Toyota Center. If they had a giant led screen there it would be seen by not only DG, GRB, and TC but also the Hilton, Embassy Suites etc.

They could use the screen to:

- Play live teasers of whoever is performing at the moment

- List their upcoming shows

- List other greenstreet store LOGOS

- List all other greenstreet programming, tweets, facebook, etc.

• Like 1

Hanging out at HP several times over the years I've always felt the best place for a giant screen would be on the House of Blues wall facing east towards Discovery Green and the Toyota Center.

I think part of their demise was failing to capitalize on the huge crowds coming in and out of Discovery Green, the GRB and Toyota Center. If they had a giant led screen there it would be seen by not only DG, GRB, and TC but also the Hilton, Embassy Suites etc.

They could use the screen to:

- Play live teasers of whoever is performing at the moment

- List their upcoming shows

- List other greenstreet store LOGOS

- List all other greenstreet programming, tweets, facebook, etc.

Or even advertisements.

Umm, just out of curiosity, how different do these renderings look from what's already there?  I mean, aside from the giant "GREENSTREET" sign facing Main Street.  

I'm hoping for the best, in any case.  I can't help feeling that a stronger connection to new residential and hotel properties nearby would provide the biggest boost to this project, at least outside of the M-F 9-5 times.  I guess that would be more likely if something new were developed next door.  

The last think I want to see is that GS became another white elephant a la the Holiday Inn / Days Inn / Heaven on Earth Inn.

Umm, just out of curiosity, how different do these renderings look from what's already there?  I mean, aside from the giant "GREENSTREET" sign facing Main Street.  

I'm hoping for the best, in any case.  I can't help feeling that a stronger connection to new residential and hotel properties nearby would provide the biggest boost to this project, at least outside of the M-F 9-5 times.  I guess that would be more likely if something new were developed next door.  

The last think I want to see is that GS became another white elephant a la the Holiday Inn / Days Inn / Heaven on Earth Inn.

I'd say a little different. Looks like their going to change the color scheme, add some tree's, I can't tell if their just adding banners or superscreens but that will be new, and also looks like they are going to add more decorations to the outside. Also I think some shade will be provided there. 

Edit: In my opinion it's going to look better than before.

Edited by TowerSpotter

I'd say a little different. Looks like their going to change the color scheme, add some tree's, I can't tell if their just adding banners or superscreens but that will be new, and also looks like they are going to add more decorations to the outside. Also I think some shade will be provided there. 

Edit: In my opinion it's going to look better than before.

I was hoping the changes would be more than just cosmetic, skin-deep ones.  But, if they do that, and also get more tenants that drew more people, it would be great.

They are enlarging the center court.  Along Dallas, they will be adding sidewalk seating/cafe space.  They will also be adding fountains and, as was mentioned more greenery.  Also, they will be adding mid-block pedestrian crossings.

I have great confidence in the the new owners.  GreenStreet should have a good future.

• Like 1