George R. Brown Convention Center Redevelopment, Office Building & W Hotel

Sunstar

55 minutes ago, gene said:

I think there have been references in the past to the back side of the GRB being updated etc...that would be amazing especially since it faces the freeway and is seen by everyone! 

Not for long...  The freeway will be below grade, most likely covered by a park.  There will be no view of the GRB from the freeway.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The tallest cherry picker I've ever seen is reaching over the top of GRB right now. I hope someone a little closer can take a picture; it's got to be twice as tall as the building itself.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Alec said:

The tallest cherry picker I've ever seen is reaching over the top of GRB right now. I hope someone a little closer can take a picture; it's got to be twice as tall as the building itself.

I feel bad for those guys. I had a project a few months ago on several older water towers where the city(not in houston) had lost the original drawings and wanted to analyze the towers. I was on a 100' lift for about 2 weeks. Photo below is @ about 70'. Anyway long story short, anytime we moved that sucker it felt like it bounced around 1'-2'. Made my knees shake every-time. 

tQFjlbrp0qbp93X-SsZvC4JCTwuv4IKhcLenqwlsM660F30kzl1fR_uhxx_ylKLSMPAHXhE_6usH2KIDBokfqDQFGbbxnl3cdeF4-JEOlxvkYpQjt4NStJ_IAsfE8P6fcNUV4ddpVyX_HEd93c3wVKnYapT9hgcFne2osk7hSNICDfogvvphwF3SiYSZn4OS-BnRSkyCNjOdzTLIoH3vh8JZ55JNra8M-ifd3GqDRP3j0tiuONd8gq4ucQSuu-Txc6SGjj6PyYg6_IBHnMAiOD0c0Sj2cwi6fpWV6KO9tCDKV_1L8rVm82Qg7-s0fN5BN2Z53JjT1wBzj-WSRN0nsao--5hMy6zttOPsvq0UHhx2Z4Wy6AQ6H0SnZ_NL5sjdUlWyTRS9CCLPrQlccFVhedW031ggKJk83b_GIKY-l2yjqvLkiJgxzJbkbTF70fZIFcUtaBrJ3uaC6WtbkF04mV4bnU020UnU9TwXj-VXXzaCHpLAKfLzEdih9_iuPS5-xw0FGhiaj8KHB947N3hADV9rRkaheM8CfSjOK_PtovYMzq5X5WZ6WOG3Pl5kDCH8n6JCFDTNSYfLAP2Rw1ifmdxzCrGoIGY80R3-8Q3G-jMFl3rppm_SpIX3c0Nfy9dKHxv8CAaB2QJAF2sXgI8zAHx3H2FZ9T90=w808-h1077-no

• Like 9
  • Sad 4

Biggest one JLG makes is the 1850J  which has a 185' reach, biggest I've ever been on was 150' and it was scary to be up there when it moves around. Bend at the knees to absorb the movement. Actually they are called AWP(Aerial Work Platform) not cherry picker but most people just call them "JLG's since they are one of the most common, like Jello or Kleenex.

D1rupHz.jpg

G9Tzd36.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, hindesky said:

Biggest one JLG makes is the 1850J  which has a 185' reach, biggest I've ever been on was 150' and it was scary to be up there when it moves around. Bend at the knees to absorb the movement. Actually they are called AWP(Aerial Work Platform) not cherry picker but most people just call them "JLG's since they are one of the most common, like Jello or Kleenex.

D1rupHz.jpg

G9Tzd36.jpg

Self-sticks are overrated. We're moving onto cherry pickers.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Those are 1990’s hours. 

haha!!!!!🙈

its weird hours but i think because its the cafe located within the Greater Houston Partnership office/building so they have office hours...so basically breakfast and lunch. You would think on weekends at least they would stay open later...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cspwal said:

I mean it's a steakhouse.  Those used to be the only restaurants downtown open for dinner.  

Edit: oh those are the hours for the other cafe disregard all of it

Ahhh ok didn’t catch that.  I was thinking where’s the steaks? 🤦🏻‍♂️