The Galleria Mall At 5085 Westheimer Rd.

There's  nothing  wrong  with  a little healthy  competition. I hope the competition between Uptown and Downtown is as competitive as the Cavaliers vs the Warriors. In the end, we as Houstonians and our wonderful visitors will be the winners. I'm  really curious about this update.

• Like 1

8a47d772f834f1aa4b83b56c25b638b4.jpg

^^^ @astros148 pssst... hey you, my cool pal, is it just me, or does it seem as though you are starting to have a lot of fun with these

impromptu RC revelations?  look, there had better be some all important 100% beef in those "updates / details" that you are contemplating...

as i am starting to detox for my badly needed RC fix.  additionally, could the project for downtown be the new development high above the GRB?

inquiring minds....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

More details revealed on the Galleria's new Nobu, Fig & Olive

Two high-end restaurants have confirmed more details about their first Houston locations.

Nobu, a wildly popular sushi restaurant, and New York-based Fig & Olive will open in fall 2017 in the Galleria mall, according to a statement from Indianapolis-based Simon Property Group (NYSE: SPG). Both will be located in the former Saks Fifth Avenue space that is being remodeled after Saks’ new Galleria location opened in April.

A Nobu representative confirmed in June that the restaurant planned to open in the Galleria, but few details were available at the time.

This is Nobu's first location in Houston and second in Texas. It will occupy a second-level, 10,000-square-foot space with private elevator access, according to the release. New York-based RKF brokered the transaction.

Fig & Olive, an upscale French Riviera restaurant, will open its first location in Texas. It plans to occupy a street-level spot in an approximately 7,000-square-foot space.

Nobu has locations in New York, California, Las Vegas, Florida and Hawaii, as well as a Dallas location. It also has several international locations. Fig & Olive has multiple locations in New York and California, as well as one each in Chicago and Washington, D.C.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2016 at 2:29 PM, BeerNut said:

Did you forget about us? ;)

^^^ @BeerNut @astros148  oh, no way!  he didn't forget about us.  whatever he has in store must be downright SACRELIGIOUS, STUNNING, SHOCKING, and UNPARALLELED.. that he somehow faded deeply into the uptown / downtown mist.  however, since it is now the month of NOVEMBER, we may end up finding out before he harbors a chance to deliver his profound news.  as they like to say in the movie JURRASIC PARK "life always finds a way"...

Concretes are like a dairy queen blizzard, at least that's the best way I can describe it. They take the frozen custard, add your preferred mix-ins, such as fruit or candy, then mix it with a machine and serve. So you can get the frozen custard plain, as a sundae which is the mix-ins on top, or concrete, which is the extra stuff all mixed in

• Like 1

Gotta say I really enjoyed the burgers. Kind of hard for me to pick between this and Hopdoddy though. Grand opening night last night:

30709008791_eae4ec782b_h.jpg

Shake Shack Galleria by Marc longoria, on Flickr

30709010331_5b3db5fa96_h.jpg

30709019941_49123e1a9d_h.jpg

30709028411_60fe3ce6f2_h.jpg

30797704355_ebf80af572_h.jpg

30709032511_020ccdc870_h.jpg

30162351583_d105ed3d4f_h.jpg

• Like 7

I LOVED IT! The burgers have a great char-grilled flavor and one warning is they are a little on the small side so i definitely recommend getting the double! The concrete i got was the CupCake Crunch one that was made with a Fluff Bake Bar  (Cup|cake Crunch (vanilla frozen custard, fudge sauce, Fluff Bake Bar devil’s food cake with pretzel crunch and caramel buttercream)...OMG! I love love love this place being pretty much directly across the street from where i live...it's exactly what the Galleria needed in my opinion! I have been twice already and i have a feeling it will be a once to twice a week stop for me! (maybe more...) ;)

• Like 2

I LOVED IT! The burgers have a great char-grilled flavor and one warning is they are a little on the small side so i definitely recommend getting the double! The concrete i got was the CupCake Crunch one that was made with a Fluff Bake Bar  (Cup|cake Crunch (vanilla frozen custard, fudge sauce, Fluff Bake Bar devil’s food cake with pretzel crunch and caramel buttercream)...OMG! I love love love this place being pretty much directly across the street from where i live...it's exactly what the Galleria needed in my opinion! I have been twice already and i have a feeling it will be a once to twice a week stop for me! (maybe more...) ;)

i have been to both multiple times at this point and honestly i like both... i like the flavor of the meat patty at Shake Shack better but Hopdoddy has the awesome Terlingua Burger which i love...maybe because the Galleria offers so many options for food, the lines haven't been as long at Shake Shack and it doesn't feel as crowded as Hopdoddy (although admittedly i go to both at "off" hours to avoid crowds (lunch before noon or after 2pm or dinner at 530 or after 9pm etc)). While i like the fries better at Hopdoddy, I like the concretes (custard desserts) at Shake Shack better than the shakes at Hopdoddy.

but again, both have their merits! thankfully there is room enough in houston for both!