The Galleria Mall At 5085 Westheimer Rd.

6 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

I could see Museum District, but our informer told us that it was not in the Museum District.  He also said it was not in Neartown (I think Regent Square would be considered in Neartown.)

Would have been interesting if Regent Square got it since that area is a deadzone for high end hotels.

Ritz would most likely go to Uptown though.

Two other places it could go--although I doubt it would go to these places even more so than "Regent Square"--would be the corner of Kirby and 59 and the supposed 60-story hotel on Main in the med center.  Personally, I think the most likely spots are ROD or MD.  if MD is out, then my guess is ROD.  

1 hour ago, swtsig said:

always err on the side of caution amigo... if someone wanted to figure it out they probably could. tanglewoods is right, many of these projects have NDAs attached to them.

And there are a ton of lurking eyes watching these forums closely. Got contacted about Allen Center renovations and WOMH revelation from people in the projects.

Edited by Triton

38 minutes ago, Triton said:

And there are a ton of lurking eyes watching these forums closely. Got contacted about Allen Center renovations and WOMH revelation from people in the projects.

Did they contact you after you revealed semi-insider info on HAIF?

----

Also, they're publicly traded so hopefully we'll get more info before ground breaking.

Edited by lockmat

9 minutes ago, lockmat said:

----

Also, they're publicly traded so hopefully we'll get more info before ground breaking.

As of May of 2016 the only project listed under development is one in Florida.

http://ir.loews.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=102789&p=irol-index (Click on Download Company Overview)

7 hours ago, lockmat said:

Yes. Both wanted me to scale back how much I posted and/or not add/post any more info/renderings, but I'm sure they could have done much more if they wanted to.

Edited by Triton
  • Like 1

Astros148:. I encourage you to stop.  

Information on the Internet is routinely archived.  The postings may have already been archived.  IDK.  is it really so important as to risk someone's  professional reputation to discuss a freakin' hotel on a little forum in Houston tx? 

• Like 6

olympics-944950_960_720.png

^^^ @astros148 hey my pal 148.... ^^^ look above, yea... that's you.

proud... strong... confident... defiant!

present to us HAIFERS that all important RC floor count.  never mind the naysayers.

the olympics are coming very soon my pal, and you have already established a platform to stand tall.

the GOLD is yours....

• Like 1

has anyone seen the new design yet of the facade of the old saks/ upcoming new retail/food court portion? i am kinda hoping they leave it open as it is now with lots of windows! the exisiting food court area always felt kind of like a dungeon being so dark (and i noticed they have taken away the stairs on that first level from food court to brighten it up a bit it seems which was a smart idea! 

also anyone know what in the heck they are doing in the middle office center portion of the galleria where the elevators are? they have had like 2 or 3 levels of the underground space opened up on each side of the elevators almost like they are building out down there? 

edited to add, yep i remember seeing this now...i hope they keep these big windows as shown...its going to make a huge difference! 

920x920 pqsm28

as found here:

http://www.houstoniamag.com/articles/2016/3/23/9-shoptastic-new-reasons-to-hit-the-galleria

Edited by gene
  • Like 2

is it possible that its coming to The Post Oak development?

"Fertitta's especially excited about the "ultra-high-end" hotel, where he said the rooms will have "the highest rate in Houston." A flag has yet to be decided, but several are in the running, he said."

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/breaking-ground/2015/10/tilman-fertittas-uptown-mixed-use-projectgets.html

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, gene said:

is it possible that its coming to The Post Oak development?

"Fertitta's especially excited about the "ultra-high-end" hotel, where he said the rooms will have "the highest rate in Houston." A flag has yet to be decided, but several are in the running, he said."

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/breaking-ground/2015/10/tilman-fertittas-uptown-mixed-use-projectgets.html

Ritz Carlton would not generate the highest rates in town. So my guess is no.

• Like 2

blvd-place-2-aerial.jpg

ritz-tower-view-up.jpg

^^^ @gene well considering that it has been duly stated that this development shall take 18 months to deliver, i shall not be surprised if good ole tillman has entertained an RC coup d'e tat.. since his development is already under construction.  we HAIFERS shall need to comprehend.. that with today's modern approach to RITZ CARLTON designs (edifices with residences spanning 32+ floors) depending upon the market size... these new developments are going to be absolutely glorious.  this design approach is to ensure that these new hotels surpass all of the remaining competition.  in other words, the brand new RITZ CARLTON developments are now being designed to outshine / out class / out amenity the rest in class.  PERIOD!  

therefore, if they are indeed entertaining the idea of moving once again back into the houston market, then you had better believe that no stone shall be left unturned.  please reference the ^^^ above renderings / concepts of the once proposed RC for BLVD PLACE on post oak, it was often stated during that particular time that this hotel was contemplating rising upwards 63+ floors... simply brilliant and utterly spectacular in design and height aspirations.  this hotel, should it have been completed to scope and scale, would have catapulted houston into the stratosphere...

@astros148  all jokes aside, this is the very reason that i have been so very interested in learning about the (floor count) of the latest RC revelation.  this important information shall present to me an idea of just where this new development shall indeed be located.  please remember, tillman's new ultra luxury development is now slated to rise upwards 38+ floors... and once again, it's already under construction... whereby, it could possibly meet the 18 months construction timeline.   however, with tillman fertitta, one never really knows....  

• Like 2

When the Galleria announced their project, Ralph Bivins guessed it would be a Ritz. Here are some excerpts for his argument as to why it could be.

HOUSTON – Simon Property Group says it will move ahead with its plan to build a 30-story hotel and condo tower, probably similar to a Ritz-Carlton hotel/condo tower, in The Galleria in Houston.

With its upscale demographics, The Galleria, has a tremendous draw with affluent shoppers from Mexico and other well-heeled tourists, so affiliating with the high-end hotel flags, such as Ritz-Carlton, creates a solid narrative for the proposed new tower.

However, the density of existing hotels around the Simon hotel site is significant with Westin, J.W. Marriott and Hyatt all within 1,000 feet.

Within the Galleria complex itself are two operating hotels – the 406-room Westin Oaks and the 487-room Westin Galleria. The Westins are directly tied into the Galleria as retail and hotel space merge under the Galleria roof.

Across the street from the Simon hotel site are two new Hyatt properties. The Hyatt Regency Houston Galleria, a 325-room, full-service hotel last October and the 12-story, 157-room, select-service Hyatt Place Houston Galleria next door opened in January.

http://realtynewsreport.com/2016/04/07/a-ritz-carlton-perhaps-simon-plans-30-story-hotelcondo-tower-in-the-galleria-complex/

The galleria hotel will also have condos on top, which our HAIF source has confirmed the Ritz will have.

• Like 1

Good detective work lockmat. 

I went back and read the Galleria thread where the hotel was announced. The hotel is slated to begin construction at the end of 2017 (18 months from now) and has a 250 unit hotel with 75-100 condo residences on top of it. Looks like you uncovered the location of the new RC. 

Only thing that sucks is that it's 30 stories. Is it just me or do other cities always get better things than Houston? Philly, Atlanta, etc all smaller metros and smaller and less important economies than Houston, but all with 40+ stories for an RC. ATL has 2 RCs, and trying to get a 3rd one for their 98th 14th street development. 

I don't understand why Houstons always left behind. But whatever. 

If this Galleria tower is indeed it, then it's quite inferior to RCs original proposal a few years ago at BLVD Place. I want to see Houston get an SLS hotel. 

Edited by Sellanious Caesar
  • Like 3