The Galleria Mall At 5085 Westheimer Rd.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/3/2018 at 10:35 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

More renderings of The Spice Route Company or Spice Route. The Spice Route Company is opening above Fig & Olive and across from Nobu on the second floor of the Galleria III wing (old Saks building) in Houston.

Renderings are from Chromed Design Studio's Facebook.

This is the entrance and waiting area where the elevators are located.

LsBWvEn.jpg

MH66FIn.jpg

Main dining area:

lAuxIzq.jpg

U6xCSiY.jpg

Patio with dining cabanas.

CYYFMmv.jpg

Very opulent!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

learned something new today from a San Antonio website of all places haha:

https://www.mysanantonio.com/business/bizfeed/article/New-retail-tenants-announced-at-the-Galleria-12867815.php

The XD Ride Adventure sounds interesting...I wonder if that is going to take over where Rainforest Cafe was?

An Indian restaurant, a dance studio and a virtual reality ride are some of the new retail tenants announced at the Galleria mall.

Simon Property Group signed nine new tenants to the iconic Houston shopping mall. The mall owner also announced several relocations of existing tenants, including Microsoft, Chico's, Thirstys and MCM.

Here are the new tenants coming to the Galleria:

• Musaafer by The Spice Route Company: An Indian restaurant with a bar and lounge
  • Quay Australia: A sunglasses brand from Melbourne, Australia
  • Dance With Me: A dance studio offering private and group classes and social practice parties founded by Dancing With the Stars celebrities Maks and Val Chmerkovskiy
  • Popbar: Customizable gelato, sorbetto and yogurt on a stick
  • Maison Luisant: Upscale French salon and spa
  • Charles Tyrwhitt: A British menswear shop offering suits and shoes
  • XD Ride Virtual Adventure: A multi-dimensional virtual movie ride incorporarting surround sound, motion seats and special effects such as wind, lightning, rain, snow, fog, bubble, air blast and aroma
  • Brow Art 23: An eyebrow threading boutique that also offers waxing, henna tattos and skin care consultations
  • Footaction USA/Flight 23: An athletic footwear store with a special Michael Jordan-branded shoe and apparel section
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

I was speaking with some people supposedly "in the know" this weekend about the Galleria and the restaurants there.

Supposedly Blanco is doing so well that they were given half the service lot for their customers and their to-go customers.

Nobu isn't doing nearly as well as they hoped and Fig and Olive was doing so poorly they were supposedly on the verge of closing but now have a new menu that is more moderately priced and even have taken some menu and bar "ideas" from Blanco in hopes to turn it all around...and quick!

Because of all of this, apparently the Spice Route is taking their time with renovations and opening because I think this is all a shock to the system for everyone concerned...

well except Blanco!

(which by the way I do happen to like...ALOT!)

Edited by gene
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, richfish said:

Pretty much all the traffic at those restaurants has to be vistors. Not many locals want to deal with the mall to have an average dinner I feel. 

I thought the same thing.  The Galleria is the last place I would want to go for a nice meal.  Getting in and out is such a hassle.

• Like 4

Yes they realize that....now.

That is one reason the Galleria at least offered half of the usually "valet only" lot to Blanco, in hopes to keep them full and happy.

I don't see signs up saying Blanco parking except 3 "Blanco to go" spots so all the restaurants can benefit from the free half lot at least...but traffic is also a big part of the problem so yes they mentioned that they do indeed get mostly hotel guests to the restaurants. Luckily my condo is across the street and as mentioned, i truly like the feel, the food and the service and bar staff at Blanco...so i go there often.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

It might seem like forever, but I'm pretty sure it's been there less than 20 years.

It was Luke's Hamburgers for the longest time and i loved that place! 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...