Post Oak Shopping Center At 1703-1751 Post Oak Blvd.

• 2 weeks later...

You might want to check out Mi Luna, a tapas place in Rice Village -- it has many vegetable dishes (along with a few cheese dishes if you eat cheese). Their eggplant dish -- I can't remember the Spanish name, but it's cooked in olvie oil with garlic -- is to die for!

• 1 year later...
Fried Chicken and waffle's for breakfast?! l am getting heartburn just looking at the menu.

It's really good ... you should try it.

After I had a bowl of gawd-knows-what at one of the Vietnamese noodle houses, I figure chicken and waffles is not a bad alternative. Tasty too.

Although I really think TBK has a little too much salt on their wingz. Just my observations.

Guest Marty
It's really good ... you should try it.

After I had a bowl of gawd-knows-what at one of the Vietnamese noodle houses, I figure chicken and waffles is not a bad alternative. Tasty too.

Although I really think TBK has a little too much salt on their wingz. Just my observations.

It might be good for lunch or supper but not at 7:30 am. :lol:

Fried Chicken and waffle's for breakfast?! l am getting heartburn just looking at the menu.

Gosh that was your typical Sunday Super in North Carolina. It was served in the Dining Room on china with the silver, complete with a waffle iron on the server. :)

In these days of the health conscious I dont see how they expect a crowd unless you have a "death wish".

Imagine the salt intake and all that other crude feeding into your body? This is like killing yourself in slow motion. May as well keep hitting the buffets if we are going to eat this garbage.

Did someone say American Heart Association? I want to hurl just reading the menu. :blink:

Roscoe's is an LA institution. People in the production industry swear by it. It's also a place where production companies take their out-of-town visitors to show the "other side" of LA hip. I'd think people here would be all over this.

Breakfast Klub was compared favorably to Roscoe's when it opened. The popularity of Roscoe's outside the Deep South was used to explain Breakfast Klub's unique offerings.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I'm about 2 weeks from closing on my new home(first time buyer). I've started furniture shopping, basically from scratch, with the exception of bedroom furniture.

I've been a little stumped when it comes to furniture selection. Can someone give me advice as to where to look?

I've been to Eurway, Ikea, Danish Inspiration, Star, Dillards, Z Gallerie, and some other small places. I'm on a tight budget, as I have to pay closing costs. So looking for some modern style furniture at a reasonable price.... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any info,

btw, I'm located in West/Southwest Houston.

Hello everyone,

I'm about 2 weeks from closing on my new home(first time buyer). I've started furniture shopping, basically from scratch, with the exception of bedroom furniture.

I've been a little stumped when it comes to furniture selection. Can someone give me advice as to where to look?

I've been to Eurway, Ikea, Danish Inspiration, Star, Dillards, Z Gallerie, and some other small places. I'm on a tight budget, as I have to pay closing costs. So looking for some modern style furniture at a reasonable price.... any suggestions?

i think you're well on your way. the eurway, Ikea places tend to be more cheaper options if you're into contemporary furniture. IMO i would spend a little more on a better quality sofa.

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance for any info,

btw, I'm located in West/Southwest Houston.

I've bought some nice pieces at Storehouse Furniture by the Galleria on Post Oak and Westheimer. Pretty good quality, modern and not cheesy and decent prices. It's better than Ikea but it's no Cantoni.

Yes, StoreHouse would be perfect, but from what I've heard, they closed down?

I agree, Ikea seems to be more apartment/condo style. Although I do like a lot of there things and the prices are fair.

Any other places to look, somewhere between the price/quality/etc of Ikea and Cantoni?

Thanks again for your replies...

Edited by Zishan

I'm not sure how tight your budget is, but I'm a big fan of Chic Warehouse in the Heights. It's good quality Pottery Barn/Crate & Barrel-style stuff, but lower prices. It's a small place, with only a few pieces to look at, but they have tons of catalogs and fabric samples to choose from and order.

There's also Newport Furnishings, which is appointment-only (I've never been), but they are supposed to have good deals on the same kinds of furniture.

If scratch & dent is ok, try Macy's Warehouse on 45. It's hit or miss, but you never know.

Nearby, Finger Furniture has a HUGE warehouse basement full of scratch & dent furniture (although I did hear that it was moving to somewhere out 59... you might want to call first) - but while you're there, you can visit the old Colt 45's stadium at the Houston Sports Museum inside the store, which I *loved* when I was a kid!

Target, or even Walmart. Target's furniture looks really nice, IMO.

Also, some of the larger Marshall's / Marshall's megastores have lots of furniture (in particular the Megastore on West Gray).

Hope that helps! :)

I'm not sure how tight your budget is, but I'm a big fan of Chic Warehouse in the Heights. It's good quality Pottery Barn/Crate & Barrel-style stuff, but lower prices. It's a small place, with only a few pieces to look at, but they have tons of catalogs and fabric samples to choose from and order.

There's also Newport Furnishings, which is appointment-only (I've never been), but they are supposed to have good deals on the same kinds of furniture.

If scratch & dent is ok, try Macy's Warehouse on 45. It's hit or miss, but you never know.

Nearby, Finger Furniture has a HUGE warehouse basement full of scratch & dent furniture (although I did hear that it was moving to somewhere out 59... you might want to call first) - but while you're there, you can visit the old Colt 45's stadium at the Houston Sports Museum inside the store, which I *loved* when I was a kid!

Target, or even Walmart. Target's furniture looks really nice, IMO.

Also, some of the larger Marshall's / Marshall's megastores have lots of furniture (in particular the Megastore on West Gray).

Hope that helps! :)

You're right about Marshalls, also don't forget TJ Max, they have furniture too. They had some modern chairs that went with the sofa I bought from Storehouse and were really inexpensive. I can't believe Storehouse is closed! I didn't realize that. Damn, that was a good store. Glad my house is complete, furniture shopping and house decorating is tiresome and expensive.

GOOD LUCK!

Nearby, Finger Furniture has a HUGE warehouse basement full of scratch & dent furniture

I am ALL ABOUT Macy's Warehouse and the Finger Clearance basement place. Not all of it is scratch and dent...some of it is discontinued or overstocked stuff in perfect condition but at a discount from retail.

Wow, lot's of good info!

ChicWarehouse? Hmm, I work close to the Height, I'll check it out.

Looks like I have a lot of looking around to do this weekend!

The only thing I don't like about Target and Walmart......is that I want to see, touch, sit on something before I buy it. I don't feel comfortable ordering something online just by looking at it.

Marshall's? Definitely have to check that out!

Thanks again, I really really appreciate the advice!

Don't ever buy from Fingers. They have horrible delivery practices which almost border on fraud. I can't tell you how many times I was lied to by employees all the way up the chain of command when trying to get some furniture delivered. Furniture that I have financed through them. It took forever, they missed delivery dates, they'd call and say we're coming this afternoon then never show and never call. It was absolutely horrendous. I tell everyone I can not to buy from Fingers.

Wow, sorry to hear that. Well, I'd like to check them out, just to see what they have. Delivery isn't really an issue, I'm looking to pick up.

Does anyone know where the Fingers Clearence center is? I just called and no one is picking up the phones???

Thanks again, I'm going to try going after work instead of fighting traffic. =)

Wow, sorry to hear that. Well, I'd like to check them out, just to see what they have. Delivery isn't really an issue, I'm looking to pick up.

Does anyone know where the Fingers Clearence center is? I just called and no one is picking up the phones???

Thanks again, I'm going to try going after work instead of fighting traffic. =)

I'm not sure but I think I've seen some Fingers store over by U of H off of the 45 feeder. Is that it?

We prefer modern. We almost always end up buying from Finger's.

Nice furniture, good prices, good service. We had one bizarre incident with an entertainment center; it was damaged out of the box, and their warehouse staff opened up the 15 other identical models they had -- all were broken. They ended up giving us the floor model at a discount, after fixing (without being asked) a tiny chip.

Ikea has some nice stuff as well, although some of what they have is pretty junky.

I liked Cantoni at first, but upon closer inspection, it's very stylish cheap furniture. At those prices, particleboard should be a no-no.

If you want serious modern furniture, Roche-Bobois is a wonderful place. But it ain't cheap.

UPDATE:

Well, I did a lot of searching this weekend, and I couldn't get over this sectional from Z Gallerie. So, I bite the bullet and made the purchase. Although I don't make much money, I'm luck enough to have excellent credit. So a -zero- percent interest rate credit card is now going to come in handy!

Everything was going smoothly, I was feeling good about the purchase, and then Z Gallerie tells me it will be about 2 months for the sectional. Apparently it's not in stock, and when "Z Gallerie" does get it in, it comes from California, shipped to Atlanta, then to warehouse here in Houston. Then it can be home deliveried or picked up.

So, I'm closing in about a week and looking at other options.

What's everyone's opinion on:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Fordo...72/product.html

I love the way this sectional looks, but I'm hesitant buying something so large/expensive, online, sight unseen. Overstock says it's high quality, etc, etc, but still, what if it's not comfortable, what if the leather feels cheap, etc. It's a long shot, but anyone have any suggestions for me? :unsure:

What's everyone's opinion on:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Fordo...72/product.html

I love the way this sectional looks, but I'm hesitant buying something so large/expensive, online, sight unseen. Overstock says it's high quality, etc, etc, but still, what if it's not comfortable, what if the leather feels cheap, etc. It's a long shot, but anyone have any suggestions for me? :unsure:

Well...it looks like its made by somebody called Fordon. See if you can't find the same thing locally and take a look at it in person. I ordered a rug from Overstock....the first one that came in, I wasn't pleased with. The second one I was quite pleased with.

Over the many years, we've bought furniture from garage sales, auction houses, consignment houses, discount warehouses, IKEA, department stores, craigslist.com, overstock.com, etc. and generally been very happy with everything and anything we've ever gotten.

BUT, a few years back, we bit the bullet to get some nice stuff for the living room, and we ended up at Meredith O'Donnell Fine Furnishings and bought a few pieces there.

It was, IMO, incredibly expensive, because I'm an incredibly cheap person, but it turned out later to be the favorite furniture pieces in the house. The kids love it, our friends and family love it, and most important, my husband and I love it.

So, sometimes, spending the big bucks can be a good investment when it comes to furniture. I still wouldn't spend that kind of money on kids furniture, but for the main rooms, yep, it was worth it.