Post Oak Shopping Center At 2019-2521 Post Oak Blvd.

3 hours ago, tigereye said:

article says this shopping center will be demolished

I wonder where/if Dicks Sporting Goods and The Container Store will relocate. I know Gallery Furniture was wanting to leave/close anyways and Nieman's Last Call is likely on the way out since Niemans is closing almost all of their Last Call locations. I am excited to hear more in the future. 

• Like 1

Dicks could take over the whole right hand side of Lubys where Kenny and Ziggy's will go as that whole side is closed and empty except the furniture store which already has the new location they are just trying to liquidate what is at this location still. 

I think Container Store could fill in MAYBE somewhere in this plaza otherwise maybe rebuild where California Pizza Kitchen is closing or maybe in Uptown Park? (or even in the new build at Aspire? who knows...but so excited to see this all happening...and btw there is another very active thread on this plaza...

moderators maybe merge? 

• Like 3

The retail area beneath the parking garages at Post Oak Central has large vacancies and could be revitalized.  It  would be great to get some restaurants in there and would be a decent location for the educational supplies store, Whole Earth Products and the Container Store.  There should be sufficient parking available. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Caught this as a throw-away line in yesterday's Houston Chronicle story about Kenny and Ziggy's moving out of their location on Post Oak to the Luby's location further down the street:

"Kenny & Ziggy’s announced on Friday that it will move to the former Luby’s Cafeteria Post Oak space at 1743 Post Oak in early-to-mid-2021. Luby’s did not renew its lease, according to the release.The restaurant's decision to relocate is based on the planned demolition of the strip center at 2327 Post Oak Blvd. where it is currently located, according to the release."

This is the first I've heard of any plan for a new development on the corner of Westheimer and Post Oak.  Any details?

https://www.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Kenny-Ziggy-s-to-move-to-Luby-s-Cafeteria-Post-Oak-15472146.php?cmpid=trend

• Like 1

Oh definitely @Skyboxdweller...good call as i think that might be a cool and interesting fit for Post Oak Central and make that whole development! love their little park btw as my condo is pretty much behind it all!

and dang, i wasn't thinking about Whole Earth Provisions having to move...i PRAY it stays in our area as i do go there often...just wasn't thinking about them moving haha!

love that place.

• Like 1

I think that Post Oak Central would be a great location for an upscale event space.  The evening and weekend use would complement the office development day use, the park would be a lovely place for a wedding and there could be rooftop bars, terraces on the rooftops of the middle building.  I often walk there and use the space to call my family or read my mail.  The fountain is roughly the size of the one at Lincoln Center in NY and is a great place to cool off and reflect on the day.  I also like the way that the triangular park is offset by the one at the Hilton and taken together is a great public square, although still privately owned. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

No surprise here, but I believe Neiman's Last Call has permanently closed in this shopping center (according to Last Call's website)...I'll try to drive by soon and see to make sure. We all saw this coming due to their financial issues, but good to recognize in terms of the potential redevelopment of the center. 

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Post Oak Shopping Center Developments
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 12:33 PM, gene said:

hmmm i wonder what this is? a flower shop maybe or something as at first i was thinking it meant freshening up the park space or something but definitely says Interior remodel 

CBD retailer?

In any case, it's a little disappointing.  Someone spending 1/2 Million on a renovation suggests the redevelopment may not be happening as soon as we'd hoped.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

2131-2511 Post Oak Blvd Post Oak Shopping Center 

honestly i am confused as to which thread to put this in since some of this thread also talks about the old Luby's location shopping center, but went to Dick's today on Post Oak and was told that this store is indeed relocating to Meyerland Plaza no later than March 2022! That means with Kenny and Ziggy's moving and Dick's i would think it is inevitable that this plaza closes next year!

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Galleria Helicopter
  • The title was changed to Galleria Future / Trump Coming To Houston?

actually really liked that location and do hope they find another home in uptown...and soon! 

but this even more makes me think that this whole area (jenni's noodles to container store) is on its way out and a new development is on it's way! (i wonder if everyone's lease ends by 2021/2022?) 

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Smaller Projects Around Tanglewood
  • 4 months later...
On 12/18/2021 at 1:48 PM, Skyboxdweller said:

It will be great to have the west side of the boulevard fill in if and when this site and the Apache site get developed. The only other major parcel will be the 2 story apartment complex next to Uptown Park that was a condominium  bought out by a developer a few economic cycles ago.  The building the corner of Westheimer and Post Oak could you a redo. It's odd that the east side is still a hodge lodge of an empty lot,  strip malls, small retail and a few high rises , while the west side has been pretty much redeveloped.  

Actually the east side is undergoing major changes already in the works! Starting with the Zadok's awesome new building... Dick's sporting goods is leaving by March as the whole end from Magianno's to Container Store is being cleared out little by little with Kenny and Ziggy's being the first to move to their new location... (although Jeni's Noodles and Neiman Marcus Last Call already closed this year due to upcoming changes)

As far as that crazy building where Ethan Allen used to be, i am just not sure what to think of that place and what in the heck they can put upstairs that would work...although in another thread i mentioned it would be fun to have a Pin Stripes there if they even keep the building...as right now its maybe 1/4 occupied and that has always kind of been the situation it feels like.

any don't even get me started about the west side corner at Post Oak and the freeway called Post Oak Corner haha!!! 👹

• Like 5

4 hours ago, gene said:

Dick's sporting goods is leaving by March as the whole end from Magianno's to Container Store is being cleared out little by little with Kenny and Ziggy's being the first to move to their new location... (although Jeni's Noodles and Neiman Marcus Last Call already closed this year due to upcoming changes)

Wait so does this mean something big is going to happen to that giant shopping center?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 12/20/2021 at 3:26 PM, swtsig said:

Yes. The entire site was purchased by an Asian group a couple of years ago IIRC. A major developer/architect were master planning at one point. I don’t think they’re involved anymore but something significant is going to happen on that site over several phases. 

I thought I’d heard this, but couldn’t remember where for the life of me.

is there a thread on here for that shopping center?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Post Oak Shopping Center: Future Redevelopment

So exciting! I don't know where my post went on this website but I've been saying this for years. This is an absolutely prime spot for higher density.

The Container Store would definitely need to look for another place though since this is the only one inside the entirety of Beltway 8. It's more of a big box store that I doubt would want to pay the price of a potentially higher end location.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kennyc05 said:

What happens to the Starbucks on the corner?

Since we're throwing around ideas 😂, it would be amazing if Starbucks built a Starbucks Reserve here/in the area. This location is always packed so I know it would do well here. I'm sure everyone already knows what Starbucks Reserve is, but for those who don't, its basically like a MEGA Starbucks. They have "gourmet food," a full bakery, even cocktails/ alcoholic drinks! Theres only 6 in the world, but who knows. 

646_N._Michigan_SBReserve_CBRE_1.4_2016.10.19_HR.jpeg

IMG_5857.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1