Post Oak Shopping Center At 1703-1751 Post Oak Blvd.

Potbelly Sanwdich Works isn't all that great. It's like Subway but with better bread, and less fillings.

Johnny Rockets is a chain of 50's retro hamburger and hot dog joints. Good food, but expensive. And you have to pay extra for fries!

Potbelly Sanwdich Works isn't all that great.  It's like Subway but with better bread, and less fillings.

Johnny Rockets is a chain of 50's retro hamburger and hot dog joints.  Good food, but expensive.  And you have to pay extra for fries!

So Johnny Rockets is an overglorified "Princes"...at least Princes has some roots here like James coney island.

Johnny Rockets is a chain of 50's retro hamburger and hot dog joints.  Good food, but expensive.  And you have to pay extra for fries!

There's been a Johnny Rockets in the food court area at Katy Mills for several years, maybe since the mall opened.

Lenny's Sub Shop, located at 1500 Research Forest Drive (at Six Pines Drive), is a wonderful place to get either a sub or a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich. Even the kids loved their ham and cheese sandwiches, complete with chocolate chip cookie. The person we spoke to there said that there are already approximately 90 of these sub shops, but this is the first one in the Houston area. They have plans to open 80 in the Houston area within the next five years, mostly franchises. The one we visited has been open about five months now, is very clean, very fast with friendly employees, and as I said, really good sandwiches! :)

Johnny-Rockts and Potbellies are both on Market Street in the Woodlands.  Didn't eat either one, but both looked not too special.

I'd rather go to princes and quiznos.

Everyone has an opinion and not everyone enjoys the same tastes, but what is up with Princes. I have eaten at a Prince's three times and all three time it was horrible. Let me say that I am a greasy burger fanatic. Cliffs, Ottos, Roznosky's, Southwells, Charlies, Bellaire Broiler Burger and Fuddruckers are all good to me. Hell, I even love Sonic, Dairy Queen, Wendy's and Whataburger.

But For some reason I got shafted all three times at Princes. The one experience that especially threw me for a loop was the old Princes at Westhiemer and Fondren. It was in a old diner car. I went with three buddies and all of us had food that was pretty much unedible. The manager was clearly high or drunk when we complained so we just ditched our food (still paying like idiots) and went over to Blakes on Jeanetta and enjoyed a great burger.

With all that said, I hear people rave about Princes. I know they had some problems about 5-10 years ago when they expanded too much in Houston (see Antones for similar fate) and their service and quality went downhill.

I am asking... Is it time for me try Prince's again? I am willing to give them one more shot or I might be done for good.

I wish Burgers were health food. I could eat a cheeseburger daily for the rest of my life and be cool with it.

The Princes across from THE CHURCH is low grade dog food.

Princes was the BOMB back in the 60s.  I remember the old location near UH.

But that was then, and this is now.

Yes, that is one of the other locations I had horrible food. I am sorta waiting for someone to suggest meeting there for lunch so I can have an excuse to try it one more time. I figure if it is horrible yet again I can always blame the other person for suggesting it. If I went in there on my own free will and it sucked I would be very upset about not going right down the feeder to Fuddruckers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'll start.

Best hardware store - Buffalo Hardware on Westheimer at Kirby. Unlike Best Buy, it is small enough to navigate in a hurry, but it has an amazing variety of things from light bulbs to cookware. Also unlike Best Buy, there is a staff of friendly people who come up to you to help you find what you need. It's too bad these kind of stores have become so rare. No, they're not paying me to advertise. :D

Best street to go 65 and scare the beeggeebees out of your roomie :

The Shepherd S just north of West Gray.

I've got one better...try driving down Harwin between Fondren and Gessner at rush hour at 50 miles an hour! That used to be my morning wake-up routine...at least once a morning I'd have to slam on my brakes for someone turning left across four lanes of traffic from the far right-hand lane, all without any signal of course. Random stops in the middle of the street were not uncommon. Cars driving less than 20 miles an hour were not uncommon. Cars driving over 50 miles per hour were not uncommon.

All that fun, EVERY morning, in a one-mile stretch! Mile for mile the most screeching stops you'll ever make! That's entertainment VALUE!!! :lol:

I followed a guy with more money than skill one night on that stretch. He was driving a $200K Porsche and going like mad north on Shepard. He hit the first turn north of W. Gray and the understeer kicked in and he was all over Shepard from one side to the next. Rearend hit a light pole. He straightened out and went on his way. I loved seeing the idiot put a $10K dent in the rear end.

This street also wins Best street to imitate the Houston Grand Prix in your Boxster.

(Insurance check - $9,800)

Best Bad Mexican Food That Tastes Great At 3:00 am - Andy's on 11th.

Cheapest Drinks Inside the Loop (where you won't get stabbed) - Sherlock's Pub, W. Gray

Best Street to Race Other Idiots In Sports Cars - Allen Parkway

2nd Place - Memorial Drive

Best Neighborhood to find a John Kerry Fundraiser - The Heights

Best Neighborhood to Find a Log Cabin Republican - Montrose (in a 3 story townhome)

Best Neighborhood to Find a log cabin - Roman Forest