Post Oak Shopping Center At 2019-2521 Post Oak Blvd.

1. buy your inspiration piece(s) and build around it (these). i. e. your couch selection from z gallerie.

2. you can find all sorts of interesting (filler) pieces for a good price later (always keeping your inspiration pieces in mind).

3. ditto the quality couch sentiment.

4. ikea is great for small things. i wouldn't invest in heavier furnishings (couch, chairs) from there. imo

good luck and congrats on the new home.

Like Roche Bobois, Ligne Roset on Kirby has beautiful things but is definitely high end. Didn't sound like that was the route you wanted to go, but the thing about furniture is that you keep it for some time. It's not like a seasonal fad like clothing so sometimes its worth the cost and the wait. Two months isn't that long if you love it. We get so spoiled and want everything instantaneously these days. Your friends will understand that you have a bad ass sofa on back order during your first couple of parties. Pull out the lawn chairs and be done with it:) At least no one can spill.

I've bought stuff from Exclusive Furniture. I've got some friends that work there so I get killer deals.

Most of the stuff is name brand. Got a really nice microfiber recliner for my father for $300 delivered (it was $900 everywhere else).

Roche Bobois, Ligne Roset and Design Within Reach are all great for inspiration while on a tight budget. Definitely visit these stores for a good idea of modern design. Cantoni and Eurway are, well. I don't think they are as refined. ;)

Roche Bobois, Ligne Roset and Design Within Reach are all great for inspiration while on a tight budget. Definitely visit these stores for a good idea of modern design. Cantoni and Eurway are, well. I don't think they are as refined. ;)

A friend of mine did the PR for the opening of BoConcept furniture on Westheimer a couple of months ago and their things look really nice and modern. It's in Highland Village where Surprises used to be. It's Sweedish but more upscale than Ikea obviously.

We did a photoshoot in the Ligne Roset (Lig knee Ross it) store for a business venture a few years back.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the responses! I really didn't expect so much help. I'm going to sit tight and hold my order from Z Gallerie. I've added a number of "favorite links" to my computer now thanks to everyone! I didn't know about half of these furniture stores in the Houston area.

Thanks for all the inspiration and thanks for the kind words. I'm very excited to become a new home owner and even more excited to decorate it!

Best regards,

- Zishan

• 2 weeks later...
The only thing I don't like about Target and Walmart......is that I want to see, touch, sit on something before I buy it. I don't feel comfortable ordering something online just by looking at it.

Both Target and Walmart have a pretty good selection of their furniture in their stores (ex. sometimes they'll have the nightstand and dresser in store, but you'll have to go online to buy the bed). Target is higher quality than Walmart, of course. Also, sometimes higher end furniture designers will design furniture for Target (Smith & Hawken, Thomas O'Brien, etc.) and it will be available for a fraction of the price of that designer's "real" line. I ordered a very nice entertainment center for $100 (in the clearance section) on a whim, and I was very pleased with it. I've also ordered 2 chairs that look nearly identical to my Crate & Barrel dining room set (no one notices the difference). I ordered almost all of the Smith & Hawken patio furniture earlier this year (after seeing a few pieces in the store) and am extremely satisfied with the quality [i have a huge patio].

*However* - what I was NOT satisfied with was Target's misleadingness (not a word, i know) of the having the Smith & Hawken furniture in stock. In MARCH, I went looking for the furniture at several local Targets (yes, I called first, and they claimed they had it in stock) - after visiting 4 stores, it was apparent that no store in Houston had any of it (even though they ALL had it out on the floor). So, I went online and using a 10% off coupon + my 5% cashback from Discover (basically paid for most of their overpriced shipping) - I ordered it. I ordered about 20 things (including the furniture covers).

Some of it was "backordered" for 6-8 weeks, which was NOT apparent until after I paid for it.

I recieved some furniture immediately, but in the end it took till the June to get all the pieces (about 10 weeks). I spent countless hours online and calling Target, UPS, etc. trying to straighten some things out. I order online from other sites all the time and have never had that many issues.

So, I was pretty dissappointed overall, and am not sure I would ever order online from Target again.

Anyways, good luck with your hunt... I actually thought about "you" when I was browsing the furniture selection at Marshall's in Clear Lake last week - they had some good stuff! :)

Hello everyone,

I'm about 2 weeks from closing on my new home(first time buyer). I've started furniture shopping, basically from scratch, with the exception of bedroom furniture.

I've been a little stumped when it comes to furniture selection. Can someone give me advice as to where to look?

I've been to Eurway, Ikea, Danish Inspiration, Star, Dillards, Z Gallerie, and some other small places. I'm on a tight budget, as I have to pay closing costs. So looking for some modern style furniture at a reasonable price.... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any info,

btw, I'm located in West/Southwest Houston.

Try Bo Concept in the highland village area, They have some reasonably priced things that are different than you see at every furniture store around houston.

• 1 year later...
We have one in Clear Lake. They have a very limited menu. The regular burger has two patties. You can add anything you want to it (grilled onions, mushrooms, etc.) for no charge. Their fries are better than sex! My sons and my hubby love the burgers. I go there for the fries!

I'm crossing my fingers on this one. I'm in SoCal right now and my kids made me drive to In n Out immediately after we left the airport. They want to have it every day that we're here...

• 2 weeks later...
We have one in Clear Lake. They have a very limited menu. The regular burger has two patties. You can add anything you want to it (grilled onions, mushrooms, etc.) for no charge. Their fries are better than sex! My sons and my hubby love the burgers. I go there for the fries!

Quote of the year. When is this place opening?!?!? :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Quote of the year. When is this place opening?!?!? :lol:

Mooyah had a preview yesterday! Enjoyed a great lunch for FREE! Fries are excellent. The burger was good too. Also tried a free sample of a milkshake and it was average. The place was packed and I think it will do well here. If had I a choice between Mooyah and Johnny Rockets its a no brainer! Mooyah is a great addition to La Centerra!

Haven't eaten there but just talked to a group of people who did. I asked how was the food and all of them (5 people) said it was ok but they thought it was way overpriced for a little bit better than average burger and fries. One lady told me she was scared to even ask how fattening the meal was. They paid on average somelike $11 for burger, fries and drink. Guess it depends on what you get.

All said they would probably eat there occasionally.

Was packed earlier today with High Schoolers from Cinco Ranch Baseball

:D We ate there Saturday for lunch. Our bill came to $13.XX for two junior (one pattie) and one order of fries and drink. Unless you are really hungry the junior burger is plenty, like a regular hamburger at other places. An order of fries was plenty and it was really really tastety. My husband thought the fries were awesome and I was sold on the burger. Will definitely be going again. SOON

:D We ate there Saturday for lunch. Our bill came to $13.XX for two junior (one pattie) and one order of fries and drink. Unless you are really hungry the junior burger is plenty, like a regular hamburger at other places. An order of fries was plenty and it was really really tastety. My husband thought the fries were awesome and I was sold on the burger. Will definitely be going again. SOON

I went in there on Sunday for lunch and I would agree with the comments above. I've heard some people compare Mooyah to In N Out, but I don't really see that.

Definitely a better burger than Johnny Rocket's across the street.

Went to Johnny Rockets on Saturday and had lunch. We had not been there in a while and could tell that they were not doing very well. It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon and there was not much of a crowd and the service had really changed although the food was still ok. Hate to see anyplace place go under because I think of all the people that are hurt by the ripple effect. It hurts the owner, the landlord, all the employees, and the suppliers. As more and more resturants go under it has to hurt the Syscos, the Jakes Finer Foods, and the like.

Hit Mooyahs for dinner tonight with the wife and kids. Wife and I each had the "junior" which is the one patty burger and is big enough for us and split a medium order of fries. The fries are great and the burger is good (better than Johnny Rockets) but nothing to write home about. I hit In-N-Out buger about ever 6 weeks or so in Phoenix as I fly there for business and I don't see the comparison. The hand leafed lettuce seem top-notch at In-N-Out while I got a couple of clumps of barely green lettuce tonight. It did seem pretty busy for a Monday.