Post Oak Shopping Center At 2019-2521 Post Oak Blvd.

Ok just came back from Mooyahs with the family.

Still trying to figure out who's smoking the crack rock. Fries were good along with the service but what do you expect when there are 15 people behind the counter and on the floor. Had the Junior burger and I have bad eyesight up close but that still didn't help them get that scrawny little patty buried under a bunch of lettuce, etc past me. That was pitiful and while it tasted ok it was not better than JR and the family thought Stadia Sports grill had a much better burger.

Nothing more than Wendy's with better fries and flashy name.

For the price paid and product given can't say we will be frequenting the place to often except for maybe some fries and shake. To many better places to go for burgers.

• 2 weeks later...

Jenni's Noodle House is opening a new restaurant at the corner of Post Oak and Westheimer. We are looking for 3 amazing individuals to work at the counter to take orders, meet great people, and fill up their tip jar. Previous restaurant wait staff experience is a plus but not a must. Applicants must be willing to work full time lunch, dinners, and weekends. Qualities we look for in co-workers are fun individuals, non smoker, Asian food lover, dynamic personality, funny, open minded, and really just people that we want to be around every day.

If you are looking for a job or a better job than you have right now and you think Jenni's Noodle House is right for you then we would like for you to send us a r

• Like 1

Finally tried Mooyah as well. It was a good burger but I'm glad I got a double pattie burger because the patties were small. The burger was good though. The fries are good as well but I think Wings Stop's fries are just as good if not a little better. Both places probably cook their fries fresh instead of getting them precooked like a lot of places. Overall, I'd probably go back but the burgers and shakes are no where near as good as Sam's Deli Diner on Kirkwood.

Sorry but it was a big disappointment. I went there this past weekend. There was one guy waiting on a burger, 3 persons already eating, and myself. I stood ready to order for more than 5 minutes and they (2 persons behind the counter) did not even acknowledge me standing there waiting to place my order. I simply walked out and they didn't even care. First and last time .... Sorry but service is half of the restaurant experience for me and it is apparent that these people had no training in hospitality.

Can someone please explain to me why we keep comparing Mooyah to In-n-Out? This isn't California. This is Texas. We don't care about In-n-Out burgers. Period.

/rant

Sounds like someone has never been to In N' Out. :rolleyes:

As a former resident of Los Angeles, and someone who has had a fair number of In-N-Out burgers, I have to say - I just don't get the hype. They're a good, quick place to get a fast-food burger & French fries for lunch - as are plenty of other places in L.A. There are also plenty of places here in Houston that are just as good - and in every city in America.

Even when I lived there, I never understood the cult following. Yeah - they're everywhere, they have Bible verses on the cups, Googie signs, and most importantly - you can take your In-N-Out Burger bumper sticker, scratch of the B & the R and it will read In-N-Out urge. Clever.

If you want an In-N-Out burger, put some Thousand Island dressing on a burger from Sonic.

Edited by SecondTour

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Couldn't locate a thread for some projects going up in my area, so here goes.

1. Randall's Flagship being torn down.what is going there?

6fwk03.jpg

2. Tanglewood Court on San Felipe by Fountain View. It's a pretty big lot, I wonder if they'll keep those HUGE crepe murdles?

3. The building going up next to the huge Community Storage on Voss?

4. Also spotted a huge crane further down San Felipe, will snap a picture when I pass by it.

Thanks to anyone who has info.

Couldn't locate a thread for some projects going up in my area, so here goes.

2. Tanglewood Court on San Felipe by Fountain View. It's a pretty big lot, I wonder if they'll keep those HUGE crepe murdles?

Thanks to anyone who has info.

Crape myrtles  :)  Sorry, my profession wouldn't let me NOT say anything about that...also you called me out on the Texaco building in the skyline thread.  Deal with it.

• Like 1

Crape myrtles  :)  Sorry, my profession wouldn't let me NOT say anything about that...also you called me out on the Texaco building in the skyline thread.  Deal with it.

Touché... I see we are both vitcims of laziness. I knew it was spelt wrong but did not feel the need to google the correct way. That and my usual butchering of the english language guarentees most posters will ignore me.

4?  From HBJ  "Belmont Village Senior Living broke ground in May on a senior living facility at 7667 Woodway Drive. The 158-unit complex will consist of assisted living and memory care services. The building will be a six-story midrise spanning 113,000 square feet. The project is expected to create 100 construction jobs and then between 75 and 100 full-time jobs once it is completed in about 14 months. Houston’s Harvey Builders is contracted for the project."

Edited by Daithi
  • Like 1

4? From HBJ "Belmont Village Senior Living broke ground in May on a senior living facility at 7667 Woodway Drive. The 158-unit complex will consist of assisted living and memory care services. The building will be a six-story midrise spanning 113,000 square feet. The project is expected to create 100 construction jobs and then between 75 and 100 full-time jobs once it is completed in about 14 months. Houston’s Harvey Builders is contracted for the project."

Man if that Walgreens on San Felipe & Winrock isn't old people central, it will be now! Just kidding. You know, now that I saw the crane, when I remember to snap a picture I can't see it anymore. Might have to drive by to take a look.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Here is a photo of the Belmont Village project, right behind Trader Joe's as of today...

DSC00520_zpse9a9db79.jpg

It looks a little better with the Brick they have added.

No one knows what #3 is? They have almost finished the huge parking structure. It doesn't look like much room for apartments. Snail's pace...

• 1 month later...

This is all speculation and it's just a comment an unknown swamplot user posted, but there're some pretty bold claims! (feel free to take topic down if already created or unnecessary)

A 50 story Ritz Carlton, a 50 Story W Hotel, and 3 55 story Trump Towers. A couple other improvements but you can read it here. http://swamplot.com/comment-of-the-day-my-galleria-dream-is-bigger-than-yours/2014-06-16/

• Like 1

This is all speculation and it's just a comment an unknown swamplot user posted, but there're some pretty bold claims! (feel free to take topic down if already created or unnecessary)

A 50 story Ritz Carlton, a 50 Story W Hotel, and 3 55 story Trump Towers. A couple other improvements but you can read it here. http://swamplot.com/comment-of-the-day-my-galleria-dream-is-bigger-than-yours/2014-06-16/

I have absolutely no basis for this speculation, but it would not surprise me if the Ritz was scouting for possibly sites. A lot of projects pre-recession have finally started to rear their heads again. I would believe the W before Trump. 3 Trump towers? HIGHLY unlikely. I think the poster was referring to if all 3 (Trump, W, and Ritz), were built on said fantasy courtyard.

• Like 1