Hilton Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites Hotels At 710 Crawford St.

Houston19514

Anyone else notice that the curved roof feature isn't...quite...curved?  You can see angles in that thing.  I'm not as offended by this structure as a lot of HAIFers, but that seems like a gross display of poor craftsmanship.

the entire building is hideous. What an antricious color scheme with no glass. just pure ugly

• Like 1

The way some people are reacting it seems like its is so bad we might as well give up on downtown because this building is so ugly it will ruin the whole district. I've seen it in person and its not a beautiful building but my eyes don't start bleeding either like some people would led you to believe.  

• Like 1

The way some people are reacting it seems like its is so bad we might as well give up on downtown because this building is so ugly it will ruin the whole district. I've seen it in person and its not a beautiful building but my eyes don't start bleeding either like some people would led you to believe.  

The building looks NOTHING like the rendering that we were shown. Theres no glass on the building at all, the only way we make houston better is by holding ourselves to higher standards. Stop with this bs that ZOMG it creates density so its great for downtown!!!! The building is HIDEOUS. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Theres ZERO attraction to the building, the color scheme is hideous and the lack of any glass makes it even uglier. I would hate to be a guest here.

The building looks NOTHING like the rendering that we were shown. Theres no glass on the building at all, the only way we make houston better is by holding ourselves to higher standards. Stop with this bs that ZOMG it creates density so its great for downtown!!!! The building is HIDEOUS. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Theres ZERO attraction to the building, the color scheme is hideous and the lack of any glass makes it even uglier. I would hate to be a guest here.

The Windows are glass...

I can agree with you that it's ugly, but I doubt guests taking advantage of the low rates from the two brands here give two shits about the design of the building. Only us!

• Like 5

The Windows are glass...

I can agree with you that it's ugly, but I doubt guests taking advantage of the low rates from the two brands here give two shits about the design of the building. Only us!

I just dont understand how anyone could like this building, if anyone likes this please go look at it in person! It literally has no appealing factors at all, beats my mind how someone can make such a hideous building in the year 2015.

I don't think so... so I guess the building is being built pretty close to that rendering, though they apparently didn't notice that the streets are all one way streets not two way streets.  Also, the buildings in the background seem pretty random to me.  At least its not all one color of stucco

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are you people really griping about the architecture of a Hampton Inn?

Lol

I wish I could like this post more than once.. It's a Hampton freaking Inn. Did anyone ever think the rendering looked good? At least the pool area now looks towards discovery green instead of facing towards Minute Maid..

• Like 8

The LaBranch St. side of the building really isn't that bad.  The Crawford side won't be much of an eyesore because the Houston First Building and Marriott Marquis will distract viewers away from it.  That empty parking lot in the foreground of the last pic probably won't even exist in five years.