Hilton Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites Hotels At 710 Crawford St.

Houston19514

This building looks like a boner killer. I dub thee Abstinence Inn.

As with the literal basis of your metaphor, I stand by my personal position that those with really high standards lose out on a lot of fun in their lives.

Maybe she's a six, but if you hold out for a nine, you're going home alone.  With a parking lot.

Edited by Nate99
  • Like 9

On one hand, not everything has to be the most amazing building ever.

On the other hand - it is an architecture blog 

Opinions should be expected, no harm no foul if you think it's the antichrist's septic tank.

This place is also the best source for local development info, so some of us who come here regularly don't get our dander up about such things at all. It took me a while to appreciate that.

• Like 1

I hope this isn't deleted just so that everyone would realize their complaints will never reach the level of this one. This is the hottest take, and it's a beauty.

There are just so many great ways to read this comment, most notably the idea that someone is either walking downtown or browsing HAIF at maximum torque while looking at the construction. Perfect.

I really wish I could reach through my screen and give you a slap.

I haven't laughed at something so immature in a long time.

• Like 1

I hope this isn't deleted just so that everyone would realize their complaints will never reach the level of this one. This is the hottest take, and it's a beauty.

There are just so many great ways to read this comment, most notably the idea that someone is either walking downtown or browsing HAIF at maximum torque while looking at the construction. Perfect.

I read it like he was referring to the perspective of a couple of lovebirds checking in at this hotel suddenly losing the urge to bump uglies when they see this pile of vomit stacked 14 stories high.

Architectural salt-peter, if you will.

• Like 2

Lol, last couple of pages are hilarious. 

But yea, people have a right to complain whenever the final product is 100% worse than the rendering.

Ehh.. Was the initial rendering ever really that "good"? Here it is for comparison..

The Hampton Inn side actually stayed somewhat true to the rendering. Its that stupid Homewood Suites that had to go and "debonerfy" its original design.

at least some of us realized it wouldn't be anything spectacular before it was built.. Montrose should win some kind of award for best guess on what the final product would look like. from the very first page...

It's probably going to be complete garbage. I'm just waiting to see the 4 story dark tan stucco portion, and the lighter beige stucco "tower" portion.

Challenge accepted. I'm not saying that "Nothing good ever gets built in Houston", what I'm saying is this building will be ugly and an eye sore, based soley off the Embassy Suites. And even if I thought nothing good ever gets built in this city, I can freely do so on this forum.

• Like 4

This leaves me wondering if humans can digest corn... I was looking at something similar and noticed that there seemed to be the exact amount of corn in the final product as went in to production. ..

Oh wait. .. 2WTC made me wonder this. This building is just a damned hotel....lol

Edited by Tumbleweed_Tx
  • Like 1

This is the same developer that gave us the Embassy Suites letdown, so I'm not sure why people would be surprised that they did the same thing again. I don't know if they've ever done a building that isn't the color of human skin.

Do you mean because Hampton Inn, Embassy and Homewood are all Hilton brands? Do they always use the same developer?

Do you mean because Hampton Inn, Embassy and Homewood are all Hilton brands? Do they always use the same developer?

No, he means because the Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites was developed by (and are owned by) the same developer as the Embassy Suites (American Liberty Hospitality).  None of the three hotels were developed or are owned by Hilton (as is the case with the vast majority of hotels; the hotel brands rarely own the hotels).

No, he means because the Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites was developed by (and are owned by) the same developer as the Embassy Suites (American Liberty Hospitality).  None of the three hotels were developed or are owned by Hilton (as is the case with the vast majority of hotels; the hotel brands rarely own the hotels).

There is something I did not know. 

• 2 weeks later...