Uptown Park: Uptown Shopping Center At 1121 Uptown Park Blvd.

this looks to match the hotel/residential tower in the new renderings..

Very early look at phase 2 from the presentation, 800,000 square feet:

14803950721_66c078766a_b.jpg

The redevelopment project is still happening:

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2014/11/amreit-updates-development-plans-for-uptown-park/

The Palazzi at Uptown Park: A 16-story, 238-unit apartment building on 1.1 acres at the northwest portion of the Uptown Park property. The building would have 14,000 square feet of ground level-retail space. The total project cost, including land, is estimated at $134 million, and construction is expected to start in the second half of next year.

The Tower at Uptown Park: AmREIT is in negotiations with a four-star hotel flag and development partner for a mixed-use project on the southeast corner of Uptown Park, located at the corner of Loop 610 and Post Oak Boulevard. The plan involves a 37-story building with 310 hotel rooms, 236 apartments and 18,000 square feet of retail space. Total project costs are estimated at $200 million. Construction could begin within the next 15 months.

uptown%20park%20redevelopment%20aerial.j

actually, that hotel is simply unbelievable!  talk about massive.  it looks as though it could be at least 42 floors....

37 stories apparently..

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Some other takeaways from document:

• "Phase 1 is anticipated to open in 2017" (kinda shocking to me)
  • Phase 2 is two buildings, is anticipated to open in 2018.

Also, I hope they only speak of two phases because these are the near term projects. I'm still hoping for more phases later on. I wonder why they don't have to consider those in this study, too.

Edited by lockmat

This is kind of a weird doc.  While the filing date and stamp both point to a May 2016 filing, the information appears unchanged from 2014 or 2015.  The "Area Conditions" section references several projects that are [were] anticipated as opening in 2015-2016 but never got out of the ground (JLB Post Oak - the site south of Astoria, and 800 Post Oak - the Inverness townhomes).  

That said, I would love to have the south-east pad developed... it would block some of the late-night motorcycle noise.

• 4 weeks later...

https://shopcompanies.com/sites/default/files/uptp151123book.pdf

Uptown Park is the center of the well-known Uptown neighborhood of Houston.  With over 26 million visitors a year to Uptown Houston, Uptown Park is a place that’s the place for visitors, workers and neighbors.  Uptown Park will continue to evolve into the place within the community where connections are made and bonds are formed.  Recently acquired by Edens, plans for the repositioning include densification with new residential, anchor positions for retail, and enhanced improvements to the streetscape that will bring the retail landscape together.

• Like 5

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/30/2017 at 6:12 PM, KinkaidAlum said:

One thing I can tell is that this is a hotel with condos on top. Finally. Every other city worth a penny in this nation has gotten dozens of these and the only one we have is the Westin being eaten by a robot. 

In reality, American cities with dozens of hotels with condos on top are few and far between (I'm actually not certain there are any.)

FWIW, we also have the Four Seasons.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 4

We're the fourth largest city in the Country and we have exactly ONE newly built hotel/condo tower. The Four Seasons downtown was a conversion of old corporate apartments and don't have any of the bells and whistles these new properties have (10-12 foot ceilings, gas appliances, fireplaces, private terraces, etc...)

Four Seasons, W Hotels, Fairmont, Conrad by Hilton, Ritz-Carlton, JW Marriott, Mandarin Oriental, Westin, Loews, St Regis, Kimpton, Canyon Ranch, SLS, Viceroy, Bentley and a few other chains have opened numerous hotel + residences over the last decade. Austin, Dallas, Atlanta, Miami, New York, LA, Chicago, Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Baltimore, DC, Philly, Miami Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Boston, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Phoenix, and Orlando have all received more than Houston.

• Like 3

^That's one reason I really hope Fertitta's new tower is very successful. It has hotel, residential, office and maybe retail from what I remember. If it is successful hopefully other developers will see that there is great opportunity for such developments. 

• Like 6

I don't see any reason why Fertitta's tower won't be successful. Is the residential portion rental or ownership? Condos and retail are by far the most difficult to have success with. I would guess the most difficult part of a true mixed-use project is finding the right site.

Things always seem easier on the surface, though.

• Like 2