Uptown Park: Uptown Shopping Center At 1121 Uptown Park Blvd.

I used to live across the street, and there are some good places on the property that I would use: Starbucks, Crave, Embajadores (cigars), Song Kran (good Thai), Etoile (work meetings & food) etc... The western building (where Anejo used to be) never really met any needs in my life, and I still can't figure out what anchors the north end.  It's been creamed by the road work on Post Oak, which makes going north-bound after work a frustrating experience, and the River Oaks District, which is the new hot spot has filled the void that used to feed this place.  Also, the lack of a sidewalk on the west side of Post Oak lane, and the lack of ANY SIDEWALK AT ALL on the north side of Post Oak (since ~ 6 months ago) made walking to Uptown a terrifying endeavor.

The project feels like a minor upgrade until the next super-cycle.  This would be a great location for tons of apartments / condos, but retail access is very challenging due to the traffic.

• Like 3

Did the article mention anything about financing? Likely have to wait until another big upswing when the land use will be better served for the investment in “upgrades”. I’d imagine it’s hard to compete with River Oaks Place & BLVD Place. They have a good lunch and dinner crowd now. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wonder if West Elm is truly planning to move to this location as shown in the illustration above and possibly soon since they highland village location closed!? If that is the case, I hope that the rest of this development continues to get more places i will actually shop and eat! crossing fingers..........! 

6 minutes ago, gene said:

I wonder if West Elm is truly planning to move to this location as shown in the illustration above and possibly soon since they highland village location closed!? If that is the case, I hope that the rest of this development continues to get more places i will actually shop and eat! crossing fingers..........! 

Yeah i'm upset about the WE closing in HV. However, if this means that this project is underway then i'll take it. I havent been to uptown park in over a decade. 

• Like 1

Love that store too and one of my friends had just gotten a great job there so they transferred him...so yeah here's hoping they move to Uptown Park which for the most part is a ghost town...! Would love to see this area be revived with great businesses people actually want to go to! 

• 2 months later...

Since I ride my bike through here daily I have been watching the progress...the re-facing/painting (white) of the entire development is almost complete...I am thinking by the end of next month they will be done completely with all exterior renovations and enhancements...now if we could only get some more great tenants...Post Oak Blvd is coming along and really will be amazing in my opinion so I am hoping that draws more and more quality businesses our way!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am loving the updates to this development and was totally impressed with how fun and cool Flower Child looks in person...can't wait to check it out...and this comes from someone that 90 percent of the time eats tex-mex haha! 

Cannot wait to see what all moves in to make this a place I want to visit more seeing that i own and condo and work within blocks of it all!

After closing the West Elm in Highland Village, I'm really hoping they open a West Elm in Uptown Park. I can see it happening given that a sister store, Rejuvenation, is opening there. 

One store that would do great here, or in Highland Village, would be a Nike store (not a factory or outlet). I'm baffled that Houston doesn't have one. River Oaks District could use it to draw in more foot traffic, but IDK if a Nike store goes with the rest of the development. 

9 hours ago, gene said:

I am loving the updates to this development and was totally impressed with how fun and cool Flower Child looks in person...can't wait to check it out...and this comes from someone that 90 percent of the time eats tex-mex haha! 

Cannot wait to see what all moves in to make this a place I want to visit more seeing that i own and condo and work within blocks of it all!

What's your favorite Tex-Mex in the Uptown/Bellaire/Meyerland area?

14 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

What's your favorite Tex-Mex in the Uptown/Bellaire/Meyerland area?

for casual after a bike ride with friends we go to Escalantes Meyerland Plaza since some of my friends live in that area...but for dinner with friends we go to the Escalantes in Highland Village ALOT... but really I am all over the board and go to everything from hole in the wall authentic to Pappasitos and Lupe's...I am not toooo picky when it comes to Tex Mex. I even frequent El Real and Chuys depending on who I am with. I have never cooked a day in my life so I go out to eat often. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone seen any more news of new businesses being relocated to Uptown Park? I am guessing that Mendocino Farms is going to occupy the former Champps space as that has a gate around the perimeter and remodeling has begun...

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Did we already know about the rustic going in where the old champs used to be ?

Nope. Great addition. 

Also news that Revolution studios will be moving in next door to the Rustic, and that they’ll be giving Belvedere the boot. 

Edited by LBC2HTX
  • Like 3

WOW! The Rustic!?!? I wonder if there is anyway to fit in their famous indoor/outdoor space? I am trying to remember if adjacent to the right or behind it has any space? 

If it is going to be the same format as Dallas and Downtown Houston then this is huge news...would love to walk to The Rustic for music (and food etc)!

• Like 1

I guess we now know what will be replacing the space formerly occupied by Arturo's and Anejo's.

Still think Ninfa's would have been a better fit despite what the landlord's thought. 

I am excited about Ninfa's opening at Uptown Blvd of course...