Uptown Park: Shopping Center At 1121 Uptown Park Blvd.

yet another update on uptown park ;)

The Rustic opens next Wednesday I believe as they are having a vip invite only soft opening this sunday - tuesday! The place is 99 percent ready to open and the back deck is built and looks amazing from the freeway/feeder road (they are doing some final things with that area as well, landscape etc)...and they were having employee training beginning all yesterday.

There were FINALLY workers buzzing around yesterday and this morning at the upcoming Hugo Ortega casual joint which is taking over the Cafe Express site so hopefully that kicks into high gear.

and omg, looks like Giant Leap Coffee will be ready open by 2023 at the pace they are going...for a building the size of my condo's bathroom it sure is taking a long time. 

and one last note: Common Bond is dying to come to Uptown Houston/Galleria area but they are set on finding a location where a drive thru is possible...the only thing i can even think of is that kooky abandoned bank at the edge of my most hated place in Uptown: Post Oak Corner haha! What is the deal with that bank anyway? and does anyone else have any ideas as to a good location with a drive thru for them as they are seriously open to ideas from what i gather

Edited by gene
  • Like 2

On 7/2/2020 at 1:20 PM, LBC2HTX said:

Going to be hard to do a drive-thru in that area. Somewhere off Richmond/610 is probably their best bet. Something like:

https://www.naipartners.com/media-center/press-releases/nai-partners-arranges-retail-lease-for-clutch-city-espresso-at-4733-richmond-avenue/

Another option, which is more HV than Uptown, would be the space vacated by the short-lived Decadent Cafe and Dessert Bar.

4340 Westheimer Rd #150, Houston, TX 77027

Drive-thru would have to run parallel to Mid Lane, entering via parking garage

• Like 2

Well i will say that man i LOVE The Rustic...have been a few times now and just seeing live music again has made my whole day week month year with all this mess going on. 

They are super clean and i felt safe and seriously, its good food, especially the brunch. The patio is really awesome but for now best only at night until the weather cools down...but yep, love pretty much everything about it and we seriously needed this in our area of Uptown Houston!

The future Hugo Ortega restaurant is in full on construction mode when i drove by this morning...and as usual Giant Leap is moving at a snails pace but hey there was a truck driving up this morning so maybe they are going to be installing a screw or nail into something then lunch! 

(in semi nearby related news, the old Willie G's on Post Oak will be opening anytime now as Salt Grass Steak House...the parking lot was completely resurfaced and new space stripes have been painted...final landscaping is being done at this very moment and will be done by days end. I think really all they need to do is put the signage up at this point!) 

Edited by gene
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

This weekend i got to speak with the owners of Giant Leap Coffee and they are excited to announce they are starting training today! 

I am guessing they will be open by the end of the month! 

stay tuned..................

edit to say that yesterday 08/23/20 spoke to them again and they are ready to open...just waiting on the last inspection and they are good to go! I bet they are open next week if not this weekend! The place looks really cool btw...they have a super small concrete pad for maaaaaybe a couple of tables...wish they had a larger space like Flower Child has and wonder if that is something that can be done by taking over the space in front by taking over 3 to 4 parking spaces? anyway, exciting news to have a coffee shop back at Uptown Park 

Edited by gene
added info
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I do believe that ste 8 is the former My Fit Foods so that means it is next to Crave Cupcakes and will make use of the little cool park with the stone animals...

I think the former Starbucks needs to be something like a Voodoo Doughnut or similar to keep the food theme and make the most use of that little park/seating area as i don't want it to go away...

Edited by gene
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Uptown Park Developments
  • 2 months later...

FYI...it turns out Van Leeuwen Ice Cream is taking over the ENTIRE plaza next to Crave...so that is the former spaces of My Fit Foods, the dress shop AND the former Starbucks!!! wowsa...well at least they will be keeping the little animal park as it will be a good fit for all the kids going to get ice cream (and cupcakes next door!)

They have completely demoed the inside of all 3 spaces and are beginning the buildout.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Regarding the old Cafe Express location that is being turned into a Hugo Ortega casual fare restaurant, while all the windows are still boarded up, i have a feeling the boards will soon come down to show a fully ready to open restaurant as super fun and colorful new signage is now up:

URBE

STREET FOODS OF MEXICO

(and there is a huge dumpster on the south side of the building filled with empty furniture and equipment boxes etc...)

edited to add on 6/24/21 that now that same exact fun signage is on the south facing entrance of the restaurant! 

Edited by gene
  • Like 6

In even more Uptown Park news, I do believe that il Postino is more than likely taking over the old Tasting Room spot which is a perfect fit...especially since Tasting Room was such a great (and much loved) addition to the development! 

https://houstonnewmedia.org/all-day-wine-cafe-postino-to-open-next-houston-locations-in-town-country-village-uptown-park/

All-day wine cafe Postino to open next Houston locations in Town & Country Village, Uptown Park

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

more info about Urbe that i am betting opens next month!

https://houston.eater.com/2021/7/29/22598466/urbe-houston-chef-hugo-ortega-restaurant-opening-street-food

An update posted to Uptown Park’s website indicates that it will be an all-day eatery, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus a case packed with pastries, a full bar and coffee menu, and a “robust to-go program.” Hashtags on the original Facebook post offer a touch more insight into the dishes one might expect — including “trompo” and “barbacoa.”

count me in 😋

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

FYI: i rode my bike by Van Leeuwen Ice Cream this past friday night and it was OPEN! :) 

however dang i was mislead originally...the ice cream shop ONLY takes up the small space next door to Crave Cupcakes! a construction worker originally said they were doing demolition on all 3 spaces for this but nope, the last 2 spaces next to the animal circle park are going to be an independent space! (I hope this isn't where Postino is going and instead they take over the old Tasting Room spot as i have mentioned previously...

we shall see...

(oh, and rode my bike by sat and sun and the ice cream shop had a line out the door of about 12 to 20 each time!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gene said:

(oh, and rode my bike by sat and sun and the ice cream shop had a line out the door of about 12 to 20 each time!)

Never underestimate the capacity of Houstonians to line up for premium ice cream. There's always a line out the door during peak times at Jeni's Ice Creams in the Heights, likewise at Tiny's Milk and Cookies in West U. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yep you are right @mkultra25🍦

and edited to say that Urbe is open TODAY! For now it is counter service only and open m-f 8am - 3pm and weekends 10a - 3pm.

I am hoping for late night hours eventually but who knows.

and long story short i was on my way there this morning and this driver on post oak blvd was driving crazy and recklessly and after 3 instances of them showing proof of needing to retake their drivers license course (and to learn common courtesy), it turns out they work at dang URBE!!! (i found this out after they decided to slam on their breaks in front of me in order to back up and then back up into a parking space on the side of URBE...i honked so he wouldn't back into me and he proceeds to roll down his window to start screaming at me...) I said hey you work at URBE?! I was just about to go eat here and will let them know how you drive to work. Drive safer! 

I decided not to eat there after all this morning... 👹

Edited by gene
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 2:00 PM, gene said:

well dang! :(

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/05-27-20-houston-restaurant-closed-shuttered-poitin-bar-kitchen-tasting-room-uptown-park-barrys-pizza/#slide=0

The Tasting Room Uptown Park 
Lasco Enterprises announced that the original location of The Tasting Room will close on May 30. Known for its popular happy hour and spacious patio, The Tasting Room had occupied its space for 17 years, but it couldn’t come to new lease terms, according to the Houston Chronicle. The Tasting Room’s location in CityCentre will remain open.

Dallas-based restaurant group Lombardi Family Concepts is opening a dining concept at Uptown Park.

Their new concept, Regine or maybe Regine's, will occupy the former space of the Tasting Room, 1101 Uptown Park Blvd, Ste 18.

I'm not sure what kind of concept this will entail. I'm not sure of the cuisine, though most of their concepts center on Italian and French cuisines. I'm also not sure if there will be a lounge component.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/28/2021 at 9:29 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Dallas-based restaurant group Lombardi Family Concepts is opening a dining concept at Uptown Park.

Their new concept, Regine or maybe Regine's, will occupy the former space of the Tasting Room, 1101 Uptown Park Blvd, Ste 18.

I'm not sure what kind of concept this will entail. I'm not sure of the cuisine, though most of their concepts center on Italian and French cuisines. I'm also not sure if there will be a lounge component.

Sometime last month, Lombardi Family Concepts added a profile picture for Regine's Instagram. The picture is the restaurant's logo and includes a descriptor indicating what the concept will be.

Regine's is going to be a Mediterranean restaurant, likely upscale and with a lounge component. This will be located in the former space of the Tasting Room, 1101 Uptown Park Blvd, Suite 18.

• 4 weeks later...

So after being out of town for a week, last night i drove by the future site of Postino and DANG their awesome signage and new facade is up and the inside is completely finished and furnished and looks ready to open any time now! They have Now Hiring still on the outer fencing and bet the fencing is down within the week or so! This place looks super cool and am a fan of the Heights location (and Montrose a close second) but this looks to top both locations! So excited to have this in my area... 

(and yes they are leaving the stone animals out front which is awesome haha!)

ps...rumor has it the grand opening will be around Dec 6th with a possible soft opening that weekend prior Dec 3rd or so...

Edited by gene
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 9:29 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

On 10/19/2021 at 8:38 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Sometime last month, Lombardi Family Concepts added a profile picture for Regine's Instagram. The picture is the restaurant's logo and includes a descriptor indicating what the concept will be.

Regine's is going to be a Mediterranean restaurant, likely upscale and with a lounge component. This will be located in the former space of the Tasting Room, 1101 Uptown Park Blvd, Suite 18.

Regine's, the Mediterranean restaurant replacing the Tasting Room at 1101 Uptown Park Blvd, Ste 18, is shown on the site plan for Uptown Park.

The site plan is located on Edens' webpage.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Listed on the site plan for Uptown Park a gelateria named Rocambolesc. According to a Google search, it's a sweet shop from Spain serving soft-serve/ice cream and chocolate.

Rocambolesc will be located at 1101 Uptown Park Blvd, Ste 10. It's the unit previously leased to Executive Baskets, adjacent to Songkran and Etoile Cuisine et Bar.

https://rocambolesc.com/en/

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 8:32 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Listed on the site plan for Uptown Park a gelateria named Rocambolesc. According to a Google search, it's a sweet shop from Spain serving soft-serve/ice cream and chocolate.

Rocambolesc will be located at 1101 Uptown Park Blvd, Ste 10. It's the unit previously leased to Executive Baskets, adjacent to Songkran and Etoile Cuisine et Bar.

https://rocambolesc.com/en/

@gene I think once the word gets out about Rocambolesc opening in Houston (1101 Uptown Park Blvd, Ste 10), it will become one of many anticipated new eateries in the city.

It turns out the gelateria is from the Roca brothers. The Roca brothers are the force behind El Celler de Can Roca, a Michelin-starred restaurant that is also considered one of the best restaurants in the world.

A related entity for the Houston location is connected to the owner of Spanish restaurants BCN Taste & Tradition and MAD. So, maybe Rocambolesc's Houston storefront is a franchised location or will be a joint venture between both parties.

I don't know how I missed this. Gotta say, I'm stoked. I can't wait to see their design plans for the ice cream parlor.

https://cellercanroca.com/en/universo-roca/rocambolesc

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 3