GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

Does anyone know when the external improvements to Greenstreet will be completed? Because Greenstreet still looks really plain from the outside.....

Any work to the Dallas-side probably won't happen until after all the Dallas St Utility/Streetscape work is done. Just my guess...

The good news: all the holes dug for utility work on Dallas east of Main (in front of Alessandra) have been filled. Don't know about further down..

Edited by tigereye

Light was on last weekend as well!

Now that we are on this topic, why is it that many of the downtown buildings aren't illuminated anymore?

I remember growing up seeing the skyline lights from 45N and the Beltway

I agree that Houston could use some help in this area.  Great accent lighting makes for a more distinctive and memorable downtown views at night.  

We don't want to go full Dallas either, that's doing too much.

I'm saying add a little light to some structures. Like this picture of how it used to be.

I always liked how the Chase Tower looked along with the Houston Center and Fulbright building at night.

What do you think about the lighting on 3737 buffalo speedway?  It's kinda on the bright side but it's no the typical trim on the roofline.

• Like 1

We don't want to go full Dallas either, that's doing too much.

I'm saying add a little light to some structures. Like this picture of how it used to be.

I always liked how the Chase Tower looked along with the Houston Center and Fulbright building at night.

I really liked the Power of (over?), Houston spot lighting.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The way our skyline was lit up at night during that time was awesome. I remember when the Super Bowl came here in 2004...the way the buildings were lit up all over the city was also really cool. It was mostly "Christmas light-ish," but different buildings were all different colors...as opposed to the normal yellowish-white colors. There was a lot of green, blue, orange, purple, yellow, red and white...and they were on seemingly every building over 10 or 12 stories in Uptown, Greenway Plaza and downtown. I can't remember if the med center was lit up like that or not, but now it has the best lighting at night of any of our skylines IMO. During the month leading up to that Super Bowl though, driving from downtown through Greenway Plaza and the Galleria area made me proud...like "I'm from H-town, bitches!"

• Like 3

If this city wants some respect then it needs to respect itself first. I don't understand why damn ugly Christmas lighting is still allowed anywhere! Downtown should be glowing at nite. It should be a place people are wanting to be.

Lol, with the recent scaffolding atop Williams Tower I've been hoping it will get some LEDs instead of the old looking Christmas bulbs that I'm almost positive it still ha.

• Like 5

Lol, with the recent scaffolding atop Williams Tower I've been hoping it will get some LEDs instead of the old looking Christmas bulbs that I'm almost positive it still ha.

what is that scaffolding all about anyway? i have a view of it from my condo and its been up there forever! 

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that too. The developers for that building must have taken into account that the block could be developed in the future, thus blocking any windows. Now we know that the Sakowitz building is in talks to be torn down and a high rise potentially being built in its place.