GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

I would like to see more of the middle options. H&M, Macy's to return, JC Penney, J. Crew, Club Monaco, Top Man/Top Shop, a bigger XXI, Victoria's Secret, Sephora, you know, mall stuff. Of course I would love to see Chanel, Hermes, Nieman Marcus, and all that jazz Downtown, but that won't happen for a long time if ever. I love being able to hop into the Galleria as quickly as possible to get in a grab stuff I need. The problem is parking takes up at least a quarter of that time. And I honestly don't want to sit at that grill and enjoy a drink and dinner or the Cheesecake Factory. I want to get out as quickly as possible. It would be great if these stores line a street with more food/drink options. Which is why I have hope for Downtown.

Edited by Montrose1100
  • Like 1

99 Cent Store, Big Lots, Burlington Coat Factory, Ross, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar/Dollar General, and for all your downtown grocery needs; Aldi!

Let uptown have all of the high end shopping.

The downtown "value" retail shopping district!

Come on, it'd be great!

With all of the new residential coming in a Trader Joe's would absolutely kill along Dallas.  Plus they utilize a small footprint so they could probably squeeze in.  I could also see something along the lines of a deli working.  

Love the idea of a Trader Joe's, but wonder if a location along Dallas would be too close to Phoenicia. I think a Trader Joe's near Market Square Park would help to nicely balance DT grocery options. The former Georgia's Market space might be a bit too small, but would, IMO be an awesome location for a Trader Joe's and would be an interesting compliment to the rumored UHD housing, bars along Main and residential coming around Market Square.. 

• Like 1

Sometimes I wonder about all the chaos that goes on in your head

hahaha... good or bad? not sure if you were not liking the Trader Joes in downtown idea, or just think I'm bananas for scheming up fantasy developments in my free time. Houston has a ton of potential.. if only i had money/a developers backing. heh.

thanks Navi..

I think that if some more of our community leaders had similar "chaos" in their heads, this city would be beyond where we currently are.

It really is because of the oil crash back in the day. This city is now just barely getting back in the groove of where it left off. Says a lot about the resilience of Houston. Many other cities have a hard time recovering from what has been their brand. Look at cities in the Midwest as a prime example. The good thing is Houston is diversifying beyond just oil, with green energy. And the new ideas surfacing from the space program, or what's left of it. And our medical field is booming.

• Like 1

Nordstrom was name dropped as a potential retailer looking at the retail district, from a central Houston worker. Also possibly a smaller Macy's.

oh. just remembered.. that Nordstrom name drop (definitely not a sure thing, he seemed to indicate a lot of retailers were holding out until the retail district started filling out.. unfortunate, but hopefully someone legit takes the first plunge) was specifically for the Sakowitz block. he was talking about them wanting a large retail presence in the base with the residential tower on top that we saw a while back. no mention of that hotel option, so they might have decided to go with residential due to all the other hotels going up/that have gone up or been renovated recently in that area.

• Like 2

hahaha... good or bad? not sure if you were not liking the Trader Joes in downtown idea, or just think I'm bananas for scheming up fantasy developments in my free time. Houston has a ton of potential.. if only i had money/a developers backing. heh.

thanks Navi..

I like the trader Joes idea, just think you are a little nutz. Sometimes.

Well, the top golf idea was good too. Thinks it takes crazy thinking to pull these things off

Edited by HoustonIsHome