Camden McGowen Station & Midtown Park At 2727 Travis St.

Subdude

So by that logic, Hines, The Novare Group, Leon Capital, JLB Patners, Midway, and Houston First (who recently started construction on a downtown office tower/hotel, yet oddly enough is run by the same guy who says now is a bad time to start contruction), are all about to lose their collective asses in the next 6 months since they have all recently started construction on large projects in a time when only a bunch of idiots on HAIF would build, you know, because of construction costs being too high.

It will be sad to see all of the above companies build themselves into insolvency over the next 6 months, especially Houston First.

But at least Ric Campo will still have his job with Camden when that happens. :rolleyes:

Campo has a job at Camden - one of the most succesful publicly traded development firms - because he's good at what he does. but alas, therein lies the problem with your rant... you think PRIVATELY held companies operate in the same fashion as PUBLICLY held companies. let me clue you in on something - putting together a development package catered to a select few partners allows for significantly greater risk as opposed to putting one together that meets the scrutiny of ones shareholders and the developments ability to enhance shareholder value.  there's a reason why every company you listed above is PRIVATELY held. i'll go ahead and skip over the oft-repeated notion that ric campo somehow singlehandedly makes the decisions at said publically traded company, like he's some sort of CEO-totalitarian.

feel free to get as frustrated as you want - hell i'm annoyed that they haven't kicked it off either - just know that your hostility towards mr. campo is largely misdirected and partially due to your general lack of knowledge.

• Like 4

Campo has a job at Camden - one of the most succesful publicly traded development firms - because he's good at what he does. but alas, therein lies the problem with your rant... you think PRIVATELY held companies operate in the same fashion as PUBLICLY held companies. let me clue you in on something - putting together a development package catered to a select few partners allows for significantly greater risk as opposed to putting one together that meets the scrutiny of ones shareholders and the developments ability to enhance shareholder value. there's a reason why every company you listed above is PRIVATELY held. i'll go ahead and skip over the oft-repeated notion that ric campo somehow singlehandedly makes the decisions at said publically traded company, like he's some sort of CEO-totalitarian.

feel free to get as frustrated as you want - hell i'm annoyed that they haven't kicked it off either - just know that your hostility towards mr. campo is largely misdirected and partially due to your general lack of knowledge.

I think you should have focused on the fact that he doesn't make every decision for the company. He's successful, yes, but he's a figure head for some people and that's simply not how it works.

I guess it's like blaming the President for every single problem in government.

• Like 2

It should be embarrassing to Camden that they've had this thing on the drawing boards since 2005 and didn't get it going during a massive boom, regardless of whether they're public or private, or how intelligent Ric Campo happens to be. I think there's also some lingering venom on here for how they screwed up the Superblock site plan and dimmed the prospects for Midtown's most important greenspace. Glad to know that you're annoyed too.

Edited by H-Town Man
  • Like 8

It should be embarrassing to Camden that they've had this thing on the drawing boards since 2005 and didn't get it going during a massive boom, regardless of whether they're public or private, or how intelligent Ric Campo happens to be. I think there's also some lingering venom on here for how they screwed up the Superblock site plan and dimmed the prospects for Midtown's most important greenspace. Glad to know that you're annoyed too.

This exactly^^^

And why are all those people pictured in downtown dallas?

The freeway was shut down, and these are all drivers, wandering helpless with their cars out of fuel sitting on entrance ramps

Edited by cspwal

• 2 weeks later...

Camden McGowen Station    

Developer: Camden    

Units: 315    

Move-ins: January 2017 C

amden boldly started its Midtown community amid falling oil prices at the end of 2014. Since little else started around that time, CEO Ric Campo says there will be a gap in deliveries in 2017, and this property will be there to fill it.

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/multifamily/montrose-still-has-a-huge-pipeline-45952

Edited by DrLan34
  • Like 2

The Midtown Redevelopment Authority plans to hold a groundbreaking ceremony for Midtown Park — the site commonly known as the SuperBlock — next week.

Midtown Park is a six-acre site that will be developed into a mixed-use facility including a public park, retail space, residential facilities and a public parking garage, according to the Midtown Redevelopment Authority. The organization is developing the site, bordered by Main Street and adjacent to McGowen Street Rail Station, with Houston-based developer Camden Property Trust (NYSE: CPT).

The Midtown Redevelopment Authority is developing the public park, retail and parking garage, while Camden is developing the multifamily residential project, Camden McGowen Station. The groundbreaking is scheduled for May 28, and Midtown Park is expected to be complete in late 2016.

Camden began work in 2014 on the $90 million Camden McGowen Station, an eight-story, 315-unit apartment complex along Main and McGowen streets near downtown Houston.

The Midtown Redevelopment Authority project consists of two park spaces covering a total of three acres, including food and beverage anchors, pedestrian-oriented streetscapes and the underground parking garage, which will have 400 spaces.

The retail plaza will take up half an acre adjacent to McGowen Street and will include a restaurant and kiosk. The 2.5-acre greenspace south of the multifamily development will include a great lawn and a pavilion and stage structure.

Edited by DrLan34
  • Like 5

The Midtown Redevelopment Authority is developing the public park, retail and parking garage, while Camden is developing the multifamily residential project

See, Midtown is building the garage, not Camden. Or am I reading this wrong? Edited by Howard Huge
  • Like 3

Being the developer (MRA) and general contractor (Camden for MRA) aren't necessarily the same thing.  Let's not get into semantics so soon after that whole "digital vs analog" thing.

See, Midtown is building the garage, not Camden. Or am I reading this wrong?

• Like 1