Camden McGowen Station & Midtown Park At 2727 Travis St.

Subdude

• 2 weeks later...

The HCC building would be much more attractive with a lighter glass.  That black & white color pattern clashes with the current and proposed structures around it.

since the HCC building was there first, don't the newer buildings clash with it? Maybe they should have considered it in their designs :)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Leave my 800 Bell tower alone darn it.

A city with all shimmering glass boxes is boring.

Nothing spectacular about the shape of 800 bell, it's height no longer make it a titan of Texas, but the classic look of the building still makes me think of Houston. Exxon, Boa, Esperson, Heritage and Gulf should not be F'ed with.

Days Inn, yes! Blow that sucker up.

Apart from a washing here and there, or some paint, don't touch my 800 Bell :P

We do need a gap filler where that crane is peaking out on the right

• Like 3

Leave my 800 Bell tower alone darn it.

A city with all shimmering glass boxes is boring.

Nothing spectacular about the shape of 800 bell, it's height no longer make it a titan of Texas, but the classic look of the building still makes me think of Houston. Exxon, Boa, Esperson, Heritage and Gulf should not be F'ed with.

Days Inn, yes! Blow that sucker up.

Apart from a washing here and there, or some paint, don't touch my 800 Bell :P

We do need a gap filler where that crane is peaking out on the right

Hahaha sorry sorry... I mean up close the building looks nice but from a distance, idk what it is... it just sticks out to me.

Did I miss something or did Camden change their minds and go with the whole project.

I thought the last official word that I read on this site from Camden was that they were going to put a hold on the residential

part of the project and just build out the garage and park for Superbowl and wait for some recovery before actually building the development. I thought this was going to be like Skanska Capital project downtown. Just get the garage built and sit on it.

Did I miss something or did Camden change their minds and go with the whole project.

I thought the last official word that I read on this site from Camden was that they were going to put a hold on the residential

part of the project and just build out the garage and park for Superbowl and wait for some recovery before actually building the development. I thought this was going to be like Skanska Capital project downtown. Just get the garage built and sit on it.

I remember reading the same thing Bob.
  • Like 1

This is from a March 2015 article.

https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/multifamily/montrose-still-has-a-huge-pipeline-45952

Camden McGowen Station    

Developer: Camden    

Units: 315    

Move-ins: January 2017

Camden boldly started its Midtown community amid falling oil prices at the end of 2014. Since little else started around that time, CEO Ric Campo says there will be a gap in deliveries in 2017, and this property will be there to fill it.

Edited by DrLan34
  • Like 4