Camden McGowen Station & Midtown Park At 2727 Travis St.

Subdude

September 18th, 2017 is when the garage will be finished according to the sign.

a0kmcbA.jpg

It's possible this date is actually referring to completion of the entire project including apartments. I echo the sentiments of others before me, no way a garage takes 28 months to build.

But I agree with Cloud, the "planned" fall start of vertical construction (as HBJ put it) may be too aggressive considering how long Block 334 took to construct its garage. So in the end, Campo will actually get his delay to hold off as long as possible in hopes construction costs fall. I'll predict a 2Q 2016 start on vertical construction on the apartments with completion by 9/18/2017

• Like 3

if the members of HAIF ran a development firm it would be insolvent within 6 months.

rest assured ric campo has forgotten more about succesful development this week than most here have learned in their entire collective lives.

• Like 4

I can imagine the HAIF plan for this site now:

A 1,777-foot tall (take that One WTC) ultimate mixed-use multi-tower development spreading onto the nearby blocks designed by the hot architect of the day. All of this comes with a miniscale Central Park at the towers' bases. A suspended skydeck at 1,400 ft between the towers provides an excellent opportunity for the first "Drive to the Sky," a new sky-bound golf driving range concept with a full restaurant and bar. Seven full-sized grocery stores adorn the development at levels 1, 25, 39, 52, 75, 88, and 103. At the top of the westernmost building, a high-speed zip line descends into a now open air Astrodome wunder park. A short escalator ride down provides easy access to the newly-built subway station that lies beneath. A hub of sorts, the development sits at a junction between the IAH/Downtown/Med Center/Reliant/Hobby subterranean replacement for the Metrorail Red Line and the east-west line between the East End, UH/TSU, Montrose, and Uptown. In a high-minded effort to shift away from the outdated car culture of the 20th century, no parking garages will be built on site. Rather, seven floors of bike racks will be provided for all those residents or tenants that wish to commute into or out of the property. All of this will be completed in a remarkable time frame in order to be ready for 2017's Super Bowl LI. 

• Like 6

if the members of HAIF ran a development firm it would be insolvent within 6 months.

rest assured ric campo has forgotten more about succesful development this week than most here have learned in their entire collective lives.

Come on, Campo managed to get through the biggest construction boom Houston has seen in 30 years without mustering a single erection. All the people on here saying Campo is so smart with his money and knows so much about development would probably say the same thing about Gerald Hines. But Gerald Hines managed to start half a dozen buildings in two years and Campo hasn't done anything. So is Campo smart or is Hines smart? If they're both smart, why does Hines build and Campo doesn't?

Also, as I've said before, a poster on HAIF cannot put down other posters on HAIF without putting down himself. If you're too big for HAIF, don't let the door hit you. But don't put down posters on HAIF while posting on HAIF.

• Like 4

So by that logic, Hines, The Novare Group, Leon Capital, JLB Patners, Midway, and Houston First (who recently started construction on a downtown office tower/hotel, yet oddly enough is run by the same guy who says now is a bad time to start contruction), are all about to lose their collective asses in the next 6 months since they have all recently started construction on large projects in a time when only a bunch of idiots on HAIF would build, you know, because of construction costs being too high.

It will be sad to see all of the above companies build themselves into insolvency over the next 6 months, especially Houston First.

But at least Ric Campo will still have his job with Camden when that happens. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

apparently a residential development in Midtown, directly fronting a light rail station, with the new Midtown Park being built on the same freaking block, isn't reason enough for Campo to move forward with this project..

Oh shut up Cloud, you're just another one of these idiot keyboard developers on HAIF who isn't even even worthy of typing the Almighty Ric Campo's name in your posts.

How dare you post something that disagrees with Campo? Just do us all a favor and never post any criticism of him again, ok? He's so much smarter than you that one of his bowel movements knows more about successful developing than your dumb ass will EVER know.

• Like 1

Please tell me how I'm being ignorant.. As for "always gets butthurt", pretty sure I've only gotten into a similar discussion with you once, a couple days ago, also about Campo. Yep, a huge track record of butt hurt-ness. If anything you are the one getting butt hurt and "turning the forum into SSC" with all the nonsense you spout about our perfectly reasonable criticism of Campo. Not sure what your problem is?

Edited by cloud713
  • Like 2

As well as completely bankrupt.

Haven't you heard, Houston already is bankrupt.  Mayor Parker told us so when she took office. 

I'm sure Campo is a smart guy, and knows the real estate development business well.  However, it's beyond silly that he's The Guy in charge of Houston First and it's stated goal.  How do convince others to have confidence in Houston, when the guy in charge doesn't seem to have any?