Camden McGowen Station & Midtown Park At 2727 Travis St.

Subdude

Well, the parking garage is happening, which has nothing to do with Camden.

We'll just hope Camden builds right after the garage is complete.

Above ground or below ground garage?

Edit: nvm, obviously the underground garage. An above ground garage would be associated with Camden.. Or am I wrong?

Edited by cloud713
  • Like 1

Per MRA, Camden will be managing construction of the parking garage...

No.

I just spoke with Marlon about this recently, he said they (The Midtown Redevelopment Authority) are building the underground garage, which will take about a year, then shortly after that Camden will begin construction of the apartments.

You can call him and ask yourself.

713-526-7577

No.

I just spoke with Marlon about this recently, he said they (The Midtown Redevelopment Authority) are building the underground garage, which will take about a year, then shortly after that Camden will begin construction of the apartments.

713-526-7577

how many parking layers underground will this be?

http://www.khou.com/...-144475275.html

Nothing new but here is the latest article...

"That’s precisely what the Midtown Redevelopment Authority and Camden Development Inc. plan for about half of the 3.5 acre site. Also on the drawing board are sites for two restaurants and a residential development, as well as an underground parking garage for about 140 vehicles."

"Construction is expected to begin next spring, Thibodeaux said, and the park should be open in 2014."

Uncovered this in the thread for the size of the parking garage.  I'm not that familiar with parking garage sizes, but that sounds like it would be just one floor.  However, elsewhere in the thread it said that the apartment building would have 334 units (maybe the number 334 causes slow projects?) so I'd assume there are going to be more than 140 spaces.

• Like 3

Per MRA, Camden will be managing construction of the parking garage...

No.

713-526-7577

Both could be true.  The Midtown Redevelopment Authority could be "building the underground garage" (i.e., paying for it) and Camden could be managing the construction of the parking garage.

This is exactly the scenario that was laid out at the Midtown Community Meeting.  Howard seems to have information that says otherwise.  With the rate at which things change, I'm deferring to his "insider information" as the current status quo.

Both could be true.  The Midtown Redevelopment Authority could be "building the underground garage" (i.e., paying for it) and Camden could be managing the construction of the parking garage.

This is exactly the scenario that was laid out at the Midtown Community Meeting. Howard seems to have information that says otherwise. With the rate at which things change, I'm deferring to his "insider information" as the current status quo.

Im just going by what the MRA guy told me. I asked him pretty plainly "Is Camden building the garage?", and he said "No, WE are."

Take it how you want it.

Tearing down the building would lower the valuation and thus their property taxes... but the demolition cost could easily be more than several years worth of net tax savings.

Therefore, they're building soon or not for a looooong long time.

Would there be a reason for them to demolish this building if they were not starting construction?

yeah its an "old rendering" but still essentially the same complex lay out, the whole thing has just been flipped North/South. i just haven't seen the park view of the complex before. i guess it works out for the pool deck of the apartment complex facing the sun, but other then that yeah i wonder why they flipped it (maybe so the residents are closer to the LRT station?) it would of been better views for everyone all around in the original orientation.

• Like 1