Camden McGowen Station & Midtown Park At 2727 Travis St.

Subdude

The midtown superblock is fenced off, freshly staked, and cleared of the existing building with the midtown mural. Sorry if this was posted elsewhere, I

couldn't find it.

Yeah I noticed the same thing last nite me and my gf caught the train to downtown. This is great news because that building on the property was horrible and it seems like the Superblock Park is finally going to take off

• Like 1

Yeah I noticed the same thing last nite me and my gf caught the train to downtown. This is great news because that building on the property was horrible and it seems like the Superblock Park is finally going to take off

I saw this last night as well! It has been a long time coming just to get it started. 

• Like 1

You gotta be kidding me.

Ok, I thought the whole reason Campo refused to build the apartments on the south side was so the entrance to the apartments would front the light rail platform.

Well, that pic up there looks like the damn front door and leasing office is fronting the freaking park. Wtf.

So a water feature in front of the stage? Fort Worth has a spot on Panther Island that has a water feature between the audience and the stage. It's called the Trinity River.

I guess with the stage over by the bayou off Allen Pkwy we're probably full up with that type of venue for now, but doing something similar with the Alcatraz plan around the jail/post office would have been pretty cool to see.

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/bellaire/news/article/Midtown-maps-out-vibrant-vision-to-promote-6171077.php

an upgraded Bagby Park, previously known as Midtown Park, is schedule for grand opening on April 23 at Bagby and West Gray.

Also scheduled is the April 14 groundbreaking ceremony for what will be the new Midtown Park, previously known as Superblock Park, at Travis and McGowen.

Midtown Park is scheduled to open in 2016.

Looks like we may be getting a ground breaking soon...

• Like 2

I guess with the stage over by the bayou off Allen Pkwy we're probably full up with that type of venue for now, but doing something similar with the Alcatraz plan around the jail/post office would have been pretty cool to see.

Fort Worth is trying to achieve that with Panther Island. So far, it looks like nothing's changed in 30 years.