CityCentre: Mixed-Use Development At 800 Town And Country Blvd.

Parrothead

CITYCENTRE-Towers-1-and-2-Rendering.jpg

Midway Cos. announced Monday a major expansion for its mixed-use CityCentre project that will include two new office towers, a high-rise multifamily building and new shops and restaurants.

Through a partnership with LaSalle Investment Management, Midway is set to begin marketing the office component of a 6.4-acre extension that will bring the northern border of CityCentre to Interstate 1o. The new buildings, which will be leased by Colvill Office Properties, will include a total of 740,000 square feet.

In addition, a residential building, 22,400 square feet of retail space and a one-acre greenspace has been designed for the project.

The new office buildings, CityCentre Towers 1 and 2, will rise 16 stories and include nine levels of parking. Floor plates will average around 26,000 square feet.

A 13-story multifamily building with 270 units is set to include one-, two- and three-bedroom floor plans. The building will have a rooftop amenity deck with a swimming pool.

In a press release, Midway described the project’s new greenspace element and common areas:

Designed to anchor both the office and residential components, exceptional green spaces with two, signature water elements are envisioned to support corporate events, product launches plus customer appreciation and community initiatives.  The park will create a distinctive environment and centerpiece for this section of CITYCENTRE and will be ringed by street-front retail venues and restaurants with expansive patios, which have become a hallmark for the district.

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2014/09/citycentre-embarks-on-major-expansion/

• Like 5

I think they are going to keep the hotel and this would be behind, replacing the office building(s)

Yes, it has to be replacing the outdated office buildings. I was trying to figure out the orientation of the new rendering. This is exciting news and just further confirms the success of City Centre. 

I wonder what total development costs would be if the full project was all announced at once back in 2009. I remember it initially being listed as a $500 million project however with the recent and upcoming additions this has to be approaching (or even surpassing) $1 billion.

so Midway beat the developers of Memorial City out at getting the first(?) residential high-rise out west? if i were the Memorial City developers i would be clamoring at Novare to come build a SkyHouse Buckhead replica in MC, pronto.

Well remember this is only Midway's proposal so far.  The old office buildings will first need to be vacated and demolished so Midway has not beat anybody just yet.

Well remember this is only Midway's proposal so far.  The old office buildings will first need to be vacated and demolished so Midway has not beat anybody just yet.

true. i guess thats what i was getting at with the second half of the post. get the SkyHouse developers to come out to Memorial City and throw a residential tower up in a matter of months.. try to get ahead of the competition. idk, ive always thought the SkyHouse Buckhead design would go great in Memorial City. its got a V shaped roofline that would blend into the skyline perfectly with some LEDs wrapped around it.

• Like 1

Wow Midway is doing an amazing job with City Centre. They just keep on delivering building after building. The architecture and design looks great,very cohesive. Other developers definitely need to take note, this is how mixed use properties should be done.

According to Business Journal the new buildings will go directly north of the 15 story building it is currently constructing. So it has to be the parcel with the 3 older office buildings surrounded by Town & country Blvd, Town & Country Way, and I-10.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/breaking-ground/2014/09/massive-citycentre-expansion-to-include-new-office.html

• Like 1

so Midway beat the developers of Memorial City out at getting the first(?) residential high-rise out west? if i were the Memorial City developers i would be clamoring at Novare to come build a SkyHouse Buckhead replica in MC, pronto.

I thought Memorial City was getting a Hotel ZaZa with residential and a Whole Foods all in the same building? What ever happened to that?

I wonder when CC and MC are going to finally connect...

seriously.. they should work out a streetcar/trolley service between the two at some point.. might be a little tricky, i think there is a strip of residential between the two.

The rare sighting is uncommon anywhere in the States...the species none as a traffic circle, genus roundabout , is an endangered one that struggles to make a presence in its journey overseas...

You might not see it because of the forest.

Wait, what? That's not a forest? That's just a mural on a garage wall?

It's so beautiful!

LMFAO to both of the above!!

i actually dont mind the mural. its better than just looking at a garage. i just never noticed a residential building with balconies.. ill have to look harder next time.

Edited by cloud713

If someone could build a sidewalk from the Barnes and Nobles shopping center area to CityCentre on Town and Country blvd that would be great. Has anyone noticed this and been annoyed by it?

That's bc Houston's idea of pedestrian oriented development usually means building self-contained islands that do a poor job of interacting with the surrounding neighborhood.

• Like 2

If someone could build a sidewalk from the Barnes and Nobles shopping center area to CityCentre on Town and Country blvd that would be great. Has anyone noticed this and been annoyed by it?

If you park at Barnes and Noble and walk to City Centre you have a good chance of getting your car towed. These two shopping centers compete with each other. Town & Country Village doesn't want you using their parking to spend money at City Centre.

• Like 1

If you park at Barnes and Noble and walk to City Centre you have a good chance of getting your car towed. These two shopping centers compete with each other. Town & Country Village doesn't want you using their parking to spend money at City Centre.

Yes but what if you live in City Centre and want to walk to Barnes & Noble? 

That's bc Houston's idea of pedestrian oriented development usually means building self-contained islands that do a poor job of interacting with the surrounding neighborhood.

What I have been saying all along. Houston's pedestrian friendly areas are just shopping centers made to look urban. They are surrounded by parking lots with no interaction with the surrounding neighborhoods. BLVD Place, River Oaks District are two examples that come to mind. This is a serious problem but is it the fault of the developers or the backwards city of Houston requirements? The ONLY true urban development in Houston that has been announced (don't know if it will ever happen) is Regent Square. This is the only development that is built up to the sidewalk on existing streets (not fake streets that the developer adds in).

• Like 2

Well, except for Post Midtown, if you don't think too hard about the social/moral implications of displacing what and who used to be there.

But really any number of individual project built on the original street grid, taken together: Mid Main, the Match, the downtown Skyhouses, Hines Market Square, the Superblock, etc

Grow up. Builder's build what the people want. Nobody cares about the google crowd.

...the Google crowd? What?

Sorry, I meant to say 'webtard'. I corrected it. Thank you.

BTW, individual stuff going up in midtown and downtown apparently doesn't count. If one's passion is Houston bashing, it doesn't further one's argument to acknowledge areas that are already urban and adding more urban cohesion. No, it's much better crying about faux urban projects going up in suburbs 12 miles west of downtown that were never high density urban cores to begin with and compare them with urban megalopolises built on the east coast in the 19th century.

Here. Check out this. 

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2014/09/mid-main-mixed-use-development-announces-groundbreaking-ceremony-date/

Maybe it will make you feel a little better. After this is built, Houston will look like New York in no time.

Edited by Metro West
  • Like 2