CityCentre: Mixed-Use Development At 800 Town And Country Blvd.

Parrothead

• The title was changed to Town & Country/City Centre *Update*
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2020 at 7:20 PM, zaphod said:

Is there any news about Town Centre II or whatever they are calling it(second big tower on southern edge of this development?)

Curious as well. Also, it appears the new Marathon Oil HQ is not under construction.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Curious as well. Also, it appears the new Marathon Oil HQ is not under construction.

Don't you mean City Centre 6 isn't under construction? Marathon Oil HQ is under construction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Town & Country/City Centre Developments
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Part of the second floor of the building had fallen down onto the first floor. Dispatchers said there are reports of at least one injury."  Can't really tell how bad it is yet...doesn't seem too bad though. 

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/10/05/emergency-crews-respond-to-reports-of-building-collapse-in-west-houston/

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

I'm really confused by this one.  I have worked on a number of mid - high rise concrete framed buildings but they all had metal pan stairs.  Is it becoming common to use precast for the central core egress stairs?  Obviously this is a tragic accident and when installed correctly the system should be no better or worse than another, I am just curious if this is a new design approach or something tried and true.

• Sad 1

It is just so crazy to think that all 13 stories of stairs collapsed on each other...and now they are having to take a crane to the roof to remove the wreckage to find the 3 lost... 

wow...i pray that this all gets resolved soon so the families can begin to heal.

and this company that is building this...where do they go from here? definitely @tangledwoods knows more than i do...but obviously they are going to have to go about this a new way if they are even able to keep the contract and the job. I can imagine there is going to be a huge impact to them financially when this is all said and done with. 

and again, prayers for absolutely everyone concerned in this horrible accident

• Like 3