CityCentre: Mixed-Use Development At 800 Town And Country Blvd.

Parrothead

• 1 month later...

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-real-estate/houston/2055-another-full-city-centre-tower/

Laredo Energy leased 12k SF in City Centre 4, bringing the year-old building to 100% occupancy. (Not a square foot to spare.)

Colvill VP Marilyn Guion, who repped landlord Midway with her colleagues Michael Anderson and Connor Saxe, tells us the firm is relocating its HQ into the 120k SF, Class-A building. Cresa's André Granello and Gary Lawless repped the tenant. But Marilyn and team can't rest on its full-building laurels—Midway recently broke ground on CityCentre Five. (It's the Hollywood mentality: as long as you can put butts in seats, keep making sequels.) 

Midway EVP of development Shon Link updated us on CityCentre's office situation. The 450k SF of existing office has only 9k SF available. 200k SF CityCenter Five (825 Town & Country Way) is already 65% pre-leased and is opening Q2. He anticipates making an announcement this fall about what's next after CityCenter Five (psst, it's likely another office development). Shon also tells us leasing velocity has picked up on the retail component—there are serious talks for every vacancy. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

assuming this is cuurent i guess this piece of property was not acquired by midway.... their CityCentre North campus is much more modern and substantially larger. i believe Munoz is the architect.

http://www.munozalbin.com/29-city-center-north.html

Where is this one going? This looks a lot like some of the renderings for Citycentre 5 but that's listed as a seperate project on the Munoz website.

Edited by jgriff

Okey dokey.  

It's kinda between the older buildings and the hotel in scale, a little overwrought in detailing but that's fine with me 'cause I'll rarely see it, so... we could do worse.

That is going to look so out of place. I wish they would have stuck closer to the design of the other buildings in the area.

Oh please, this isn't la tour montparnasse :P.

It is a shame, because most of the buildings are quite contemporary. This building looks like it belongs across the freeway next to that odd office building by spring branch honda.

Edited by Montrose1100
  • Like 1

Yes I'm being very critical because I looked at this and was honestly about to vomit! This is piss poor design at it's finest folks. I could go on and on with critiquing this, but ultimately I just hope that this doesn't get built and whoever designed this uses this first design as a learning experience!

If the designer were to stumble upon my comments I want to expressly state that I critique out of love for architecture. Nothing personal is in this. While I have inserted a couple comments to be sarcastic/humorous it do want to say that nothing I have here is personal and only addresses the skill of this designer.

This was really quick too in Adobe Acrobat. I really should do more of these though lol.

6EBeJJ.jpg

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 8

Try going to an architecture review at a university some time :D They are quiet entertaining. Some critiques are very philosophical, some very technical, some comical. I go for a blend of the three most of the time. One of the most common critiques is the "this WANTS to be this" kind of comment lol. It sounds silly, but when you analyze it the more you begin to sense how things 'should' be, 'want' to be, 'need' to be, etc... Of course it's all about the sensibilities of those critiquing, but some comments are just plain obvious xD

Thanks for the compliment btw :)

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 1

Those aren't decorational pyramids at the top of the garage level; they're homeless spikes! <_<  :P

Nah bro. It's just zombie apocalypse ready. 'Bell tower' perfect for sniping and/or putting a 50 cal. in. The spikes prevent the scaling of the building.

• Like 1

Actually, the architect was going to hang a lantern or two in there. "One if by land, two if by sea."

An update of the Weather Eye that used to be downtown!  That would be a public service - the Katy/West Belt intersection has always been bad about flooding.  Which is what you get when you dig a giant trench across a creek bed.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-real-estate/houston/2781-pdc-launches-two-major-medical-projects-in-booming-north-houston/

66020_1410391548_TownCentreOneToppedOut-

Town Centre One is topped out, and Moody Rambin managing director Bob Cromwell tells us it's 30% preleased. (He's mum on the details for now.) The 10-story, 250k SF office project broke ground a year ago, and is on track for a January 2015 delivery. Phase 2, a 125k SF office building, is in design now with Kirksey and is planned to break ground in Q2 '15.

• Like 1