Highland Village Shopping Center At 4055 Westheimer Rd.

Some really simple fixes for the center would be wider sidewalks along Westheimer. Kill some of the parking and convert it in to plaza space with chairs, tables, etc. Maybe even add a small jungle gym area for kids. Put more focus on the massive parking garage that was built specifically for the center. 

• Like 6

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, gene said:

PF Chang's is being built out down the road at the base of 5251 Westheimer with signs all at the base of that building...i wonder if this location at Highland Village is closing?

Definitely makes sense for them to relocate. I remember going to the Highland Village location of PF Changs back in the late 90s when it was a hip and trendy restaurant. I vividly remember waiting in line for 2+ hours on a Friday night to to eat there back in 1998ish.

Edited by clutchcity94
  • Like 4

• The title was changed to Mario Kart In Highland Village
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, monarch said:

^^^ MY GOODNESS!  you would think that in such a SWANKY/POSH area of town, that they would do something regarding those awful/horrifying low hanging POWER LINES.  what a strange and completely outdated scene...

No one wants to pay the $5 to $10 million per mile it costs to bury them. Center Point is not going to do it for grins and giggles, they are a regulated utility and get to recover all of their costs.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, monarch said:

^^^ MY GOODNESS!  you would think that in such a SWANKY/POSH area of town, that they would do something regarding those awful/horrifying low hanging POWER LINES.  what a strange and completely outdated scene...

I agree.  This isn’t just a Houston thing.  In general, nationally, we’ve just not updated this method of power transmission from source to end user.  It’s archaic, specifically in terms of power transmission; and in need of some critical thinking as to a modern solution.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, arche_757 said:

I agree.  This isn’t just a Houston thing.  In general, nationally, we’ve just not updated this method of power transmission from source to end user.  It’s archaic, specifically in terms of power transmission; and in need of some critical thinking as to a modern solution.

Cables made of metal are going to be the means to transmit electricity for the foreseeable future. There aren't any real options. Then the choice is are the cables in the air or buried.

If we're on the topic of traffic signals, what really needs to happen is for the city to put a signal further west right before the railroad crossing. There are rumors of the city working with Union Pacific to coordinate a signal, but it is going to be costly and complicated. I would much rather have the city spend money to put a signal there instead of updating the wired signals with signal mast-arms.  

5 hours ago, Ross said:

Cables made of metal are going to be the means to transmit electricity for the foreseeable future. There aren't any real options. Then the choice is are the cables in the air or buried.

Buried cables make a lot more sense, of course it’s a lot more expensive.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2020 at 8:11 PM, LBC2HTX said:

...doesn’t look like Alma survived more than the couple of weeks post-opening. 

Moving into the former unit of Alma restaurant in the Highland Village shopping center is a Neapolitan pizzeria out of New York.

According to a recent alcohol permit, Numero28 ( may also go by Numero 28 or No. 28) will be located at 3974 Westheimer Rd.

Numero 28 has several pizza restaurants in NYC. There are also locations in New Jersey, Miami Beach, and Austin.

https://numero28.com

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Johnathanwise41 said:

The shopping center is dirty.  Have you taken a real good look? Dumpsters everywhere.  Empty retail where stores used to be.  

6 minutes ago, Johnathanwise41 said:

Agree - the shopping center looks subpar - especially against the River Oaks shopping district down the road.

Did you comment on your own comment?

• Haha 4