Highland Village Shopping Center At 4055 Westheimer Rd.

I checked it out yesterday as well. It's a really cool looking store. The only problem is going to be the heat I think... it felt a little warm in there yesterday and it wasn't more than 80 degrees outside. The summer might be pretty rough.

I'm not saying you're 'wrong', but I wonder if there's just a period of adjustment to get the climate control systems appropriately set. Plus, it's spring... I always have trouble figuring out how to set my thermostats in the springtime.

The temperature felt fine to me, but I kind of like it a bit warmer inside than the average Houstonian. The tinting on the glass was more than I expected. It would be interesting to know how much it costs to air condition compared to a regular roof.

To be precise, I believe the second story portion is in the adjoining building, above the cupcake shop. There is no second story in the glass-roofed Apple structure.

Yep - the 2nd floor is above Sprinkles and Paper Source -- the swamplot article (link above) says some of this "secret" space may be open to customers at times...

• 3 weeks later...

The amazing crew at this store saved my life last night.

I left my Macbook charger at UofH yesterday and didn't realize till 9:14. I ran over there and got there at 9:25 and the guy at the door was telling me they closed at 9. I just about begged the guy to sell me one because I have had an exam this morning and all my notes were in powerpoints on my Mac. After 3 or 4 minutes I got him to talk to his boss and he said sure and they set me up when I was in desperation.

Great crew and always great customer service at Apple. They were my hero and that is a huge reason why I'll stay a fan of Apple, they didn't let me down.

By the way, because of that charger they sold me. I probably aced that exam.

The amazing crew at this store saved my life last night.

I left my Macbook charger at UofH yesterday and didn't realize till 9:14. I ran over there and got there at 9:25 and the guy at the door was telling me they closed at 9. I just about begged the guy to sell me one because I have had an exam this morning and all my notes were in powerpoints on my Mac. After 3 or 4 minutes I got him to talk to his boss and he said sure and they set me up when I was in desperation.

Great crew and always great customer service at Apple. They were my hero and that is a huge reason why I'll stay a fan of Apple, they didn't let me down.

By the way, because of that charger they sold me. I probably aced that exam.

Having the retail stores is one of the main things I like about using Apple products. I can talk to someone IN PERSON for warranty and service issues. I'm ordering a new MacBook Air this week. It will be the fourth Apple laptop I've had, and like the seventh or eighth Mac I've had.

However, Best Buy also sells the power adapters :) They close at 10.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

James Avery left. Wonder what happened. They’ve been there for ever.

Looks like Sweet Paris is going in near the Cole Haan.

James Avery is moving next to (and sharing the same building as) Moxie's at Centre At Post Oak! They have signs in the windows/under construction 

Edited by gene
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Prominent steakhouse shutters Highland Village outpost after 15 years

One of Houston's most high-profile steakhouses will close next week. Smith & Wollensky announced that its last day of service will be Saturday, October 1.

"The Houston market has been great to the Smith & Wollensky brand, providing years of engagement and exposure," the statementbegins. "As we’ve come to the end of our 15-year lease in Highland Village on Westheimer Road, we’ve made the decision to not renew, and we will be closing our Houston location. While this decision was a difficult one, we are confident future opportunities await the S&W brand in the state of Texas."

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/10-04-18-smith-wollensky-closing-shutter-steakhouse-highland-village/

Highland Village Holdings (or whatever their name is) having financial troubles? That would explain the rent increase across the board.. or their land is going up in value?

I remember handling the construction drawings for Highland Village.  Believe my old boss was the design architect for Ra Sushi? Good times

In face of powerful and more urban style competitors, for example the River Oaks District. Highland Village dated suburban model is now a hindrance. Maybe its as they know the need is to "keep up with The Joneses" rising land value and prices. Along with people demanding a more genuine street experience is perhaps pushing HV towards making changes. 

17 hours ago, Moderators said:

In face of powerful and more urban style competitors, for example the River Oaks District. Highland Village dated suburban model is now a hindrance. Maybe its as they know the need is to "keep up with The Joneses" rising land value and prices. Along with people demanding a more genuine street experience is perhaps pushing HV towards making changes. 

What could HV do to keep up with the trends?

I believe that's probably the direction 

they're moving in, pushing tenants out

of key intersections.Drexell is highly 

desirable location for a multi-family developer.Barbouti more than likely 

fields constant offers from them weekly 

if not daily. Watch and wait for a major 

changes in HV's evolution. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...