Highland Village Shopping Center At 4055 Westheimer Rd.

2 hours ago, mollusk said:

If you go a little to the left of what's visible in this picture, you would see another building behind this one, separated by a driveway with parked cars on each side. IDK if it's the clientele or what, but navigating HV's parking lots on foot takes Frogger to a new level.

I feel the same way when walking around Rice Village.  Maybe we should start doing a pedestrian Critical Mass.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/1/2020 at 12:46 PM, LBC2HTX said:

Also, rumor on the street is Lululemon will be taking over two floors in the build out of the former Smith & Wollensky space (reported to be 4 or 5 floors).  

That was reported in the December issue of Paper City magazine...  "The second experiential Lululemon flagship the first is in Chicago).  Will include a café.  http://papercitymagazine.uberflip.com/i/1188752-december-2019-houston/27?

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

That was reported in the December issue of Paper City magazine...  "The second experiential Lululemon flagship the first is in Chicago).  Will include a café.  http://papercitymagazine.uberflip.com/i/1188752-december-2019-houston/27?

Good catch!  Here's the rendering.

Moved to Going Up for the duration of the demolition and build.

ayOLg2d.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 1/25/2020 at 1:44 PM, august948 said:

I feel the same way when walking around Rice Village.  Maybe we should start doing a pedestrian Critical Mass.

That's actually a brilliant idea

4 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Good catch!  Here's the rendering.

Moved to Going Up for the duration of the demolition and build.

ayOLg2d.png

Much more pedestrian friendly. Maybe HV will naturally become more and more pedestrian over time. 

• Like 5

In my opinion, I like the small scale of Highland Village. Really it just needs a light touch and a few fixes. I would create an underground parking garage and make the surface parking lot one giant pedestrian plaza with pavilions scattered around. We don't have a lot of big pedestrian spaces that are all hardscape. Not everything has to be at the sidewalk on the street if it can do something in a unique way that creates a unique space.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Luminare said:

In my opinion, I like the small scale of Highland Village. Really it just needs a light touch and a few fixes. I would create an underground parking garage and make the surface parking lot one giant pedestrian plaza with pavilions scattered around. We don't have a lot of big pedestrian spaces that are all hardscape. Not everything has to be at the sidewalk on the street if it can do something in a unique way that creates a unique space.

I've never paid attention to the size of it or how many cars it can park, but there is a garage behind P.F. Chang's in the back Highland Village. If that can accommodate the current lot capacity and parking minimum, is it possible they might not even need to build an underground garage?

The icing on the cake would be if they ever built the multi-use path proposed under power lines that run next to the train tracks to Memorial Park. After that, if we ever get a future connection from the Memorial to Buffalo Bayou's , you would have this shopping center connected to all of the Allen Parkway developments, Downtown, and beyond. I like to bicycle dream that all those moving parts could come together sometimes. 

Edited by jermh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Highland Village Shopping Center
On 2/5/2020 at 12:11 PM, jermh said:

I've never paid attention to the size of it or how many cars it can park, but there is a garage behind P.F. Chang's in the back Highland Village. If that can accommodate the current lot capacity and parking minimum, is it possible they might not even need to build an underground garage?

The icing on the cake would be if they ever built the multi-use path proposed under power lines that run next to the train tracks to Memorial Park. After that, if we ever get a future connection from the Memorial to Buffalo Bayou's , you would have this shopping center connected to all of the Allen Parkway developments, Downtown, and beyond. I like to bicycle dream that all those moving parts could come together sometimes. 

Where can I find info on this proposed multi use trail along the train tracks to memorial Park? That would be amazing!

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Highland Village Shopping Center
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

1KVV9uU.jpg

SSTGPph.jpg

xQYhCel.jpg

Looks like they are going to use the existing steel frame and add another floor? I think Highrise Tower mentioned earlier in the thread that this will ultimately be four floors, but I didn’t see any renderings.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, danielsonr said:

Looks like they are going to use the existing steel frame and add another floor? I think Highrise Tower mentioned earlier in the thread that this will ultimately be four floors, but I didn’t see any renderings.

Good morning.  Here's a rendering.

owELXRr.png

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/7/2019 at 3:00 PM, gene said:

Was at Highland Village this weekend...they already have the dang Christmas decorations up! DOH! ;)

but in other news, the Apple store looks amazing inside with the large screen wall (on one side)/mirror (on the other side) divider and the trees!

OH and Z Gallerie closed a few weeks ago but the new owners of the company decided to open the Highland Village location back up so its back to normal at the Z! They just need to put the outside sign back up! 

and it seems Z Gallerie has closed once again...noticed last week driving by that the store was empty...

oy

Edited by gene
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, gene said:

and it seems Z Gallerie has closed once again...noticed last week driving by that the store was empty...

oy

That store has some flashy stuff, but it's super rare to find an item you like that isn't already broken somewhere. Guess that's what happens when half your stock is glass/mirror.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Montrose1100 said:

That store has some flashy stuff, but it's super rare to find an item you like that isn't already broken somewhere. Guess that's what happens when half your stock is glass/mirror.

Their gaudy excess has fallen to modern minimalism. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Noticed the signage today. 

A new restaurant tenant is heading to mixed-use shopping center Highland Village.

Gauchos Do Sul will take over the third-floor space formerly occupied by Up restaurant at 3995 Westheimer in late March. The outpost marks the second locale of Gaucho's Do Sul. The first, which opened in 2016, is located at 126 Vintage Park Blvd. in Cypress.”

https://www.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/amp/Gaucho-s-Do-Sul-steakhouse-open-Highland-Village-15068390.php

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...