WestMont: Mixed-Use Development Coming To Montrose

groovehouse

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2020 at 8:31 PM, mkultra25 said:

Still seems odd to me whenever someone refers to the "old El Tiempo", when most right-thinking Montrosians knew it as La Jaliscience.  

I miss Jolly Science... and Freaky Foods, and...

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Notice that the artist's rendition of the proposed building does not include a bus shelter at the corner of Westheimer and Montrose.
Hopefully,  this was an oversight or done for aesthetic purposes. I'd hate to think that a project so dedicated to being "focused on the pedestrian experience" would have an antagonistic attitude towards public transportation.

• Like 4

Not seeing any mention of Skanska, makes me hesitate to believe this is current.  Perkins Eastman and Madison Marquette partnered on District Wharf in DC, so unclear if this was drawn up for the previous owner.  This would be significant for the area so hoping this is accurate!

• Like 3

that will be a sad day indeed...

love that store (and my buddy Bucky!)... hope they find a very nearby location in montrose...maybe the west end of that Nidda Thai plaza? (if not a cool old building of course!)

• Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 11:30 AM, HoustonMidtown said:

Perhaps Rice University can get together with the Mayor's Office to find a solution to the lack of used book stores in central Houston. They could buy a large building and convert it to an incubator for used book stores, where fledgling used book dealers could find low rent space to ply their trade. The ultimate goal could be an Antiquarian Corridor, where one would find clusters of used books, architectural salvage, vintage clothing, antiques, and old hi-fi equipment all in an unbroken stretch, with street vendors and outdoor rummage shelves. I know I would be there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5