WestMont: Mixed-Use Development Coming To Montrose

groovehouse

It is just CRAZY to see that whole space leveled! Drove by yesterday and man Montrose is really evolving at a fast pace...

it was so fun too to see lots of people at Nidda Thai and Voodoo Doughnut (complete with employees out front waving everyone in) and seeing the work being completed at ACME seafood (and the huge ACME up on the tower) and then see the new Montrose Collective rising above the surrounding buildings... despite all the changes some see as good or bad, it was really awesome to see Montrose buzzing and it made me happy 🙂

• Like 6

Although I like Skanska, I am super nervous about the whole thing. There is so much potential, meaning there's so much potential for this to get screwed up! I'm crossing my fingers for something like Drewery place at the minimum, but . . . who knows?

I really wish Montrose had gotten Walkable Places applied and approved for by now!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, HouTXRanger said:

Although I like Skanska, I am super nervous about the whole thing. There is so much potential, meaning there's so much potential for this to get screwed up! I'm crossing my fingers for something like Drewery place at the minimum, but . . . who knows?

I really wish Montrose had gotten Walkable Places applied and approved for by now!

Pray for a quick lease-up with high rents at Montrose Collective. That is what will guarantee that something of high quality happens here.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

Looks like these renderings may be  accurate after all. JLL lists the architect as Perkins Eastman.

http://houstoninnovation.resource.jll.com/uploads/1/3/3/1/133109397/mixed_use_development_2021.pdf

Residential: Units TBD

Retail:~67,000 sf

Office:~50,000 sf

Hotel: Boutique Hotel 

SOLD.

Love it! I think it looks great and will match the Montrose Collective well imho. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Urbannizer said:

Looks like these renderings may be  accurate after all. JLL lists the architect as Perkins Eastman.

http://houstoninnovation.resource.jll.com/uploads/1/3/3/1/133109397/mixed_use_development_2021.pdf

Residential: Units TBD

Retail:~67,000 sf

Office:~50,000 sf

Hotel: Boutique Hotel 

Wow. And those renderings were created prior to the possible buyout of the Kroger site. The plot thickens.

• Like 3

dang @Urbannizer those renderings make me SOoOOoooooOOooooooOoo darn excited! 

if Montrose keeps adding these amazing new projects WHILE keeping some of the old and or cool buildings/businesses/projects then Montrose is shaping up to be my favorite part of town even more and STILL for the past 26 years!!!  

Just freaking beautiful...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.perkinseastman.com/projects/heart-of-montrose/?fbclid=IwAR04ZJo6lPJpiwxvF8ai_9Ed_QDvlsfO7U66jFDC-b-QLdzy-e_R01s4BSM

geeeeeeee, My pie in the sky hopefulness is taking a nose dive. Not sure why new development refuses to honor anything that made this location so desirable.Absolutely no hint of the “ mythology of Montose”

you’d think any developer could have given a nod..........even a small one that maybe only residents would recognize..........it could have been some thing subtle like matching stiletto topiary near the entrance?😇

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, trymahjong said:

https://www.perkinseastman.com/projects/heart-of-montrose/?fbclid=IwAR04ZJo6lPJpiwxvF8ai_9Ed_QDvlsfO7U66jFDC-b-QLdzy-e_R01s4BSM

geeeeeeee, My pie in the sky hopefulness is taking a nose dive. Not sure why new development refuses to honor anything that made this location so desirable.Absolutely no hint of the “ mythology of Montose”

you’d think any developer could have given a nod..........even a small one that maybe only residents would recognize..........it could have been some thing subtle like matching stiletto topiary near the entrance?😇

This is not the final design.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trymahjong said:

1 minute ago, CREguy13 said:

This is not the final design.

It's never too early for a HAIFer to find something to complain about.

And what about the rainbow?  That seemed like a pretty nice nod to the community.

• Like 5

Nonsense. It's hard not to make an erection joke every once in a while on a forum about skyscrapers. What's the prob anyway. All buildings have to be erected don't they? I think a 30 story building would be extremely hot and sexy on that block. 

Edited by Response
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

26 minutes ago, tangledwoods said:

caulk, erection, nipples, edging, shimming, pookey, butt-glazing, rim joist, flying buttress, weep hole, jack stud, groin, laying pipe, full penetration weld, double hung, rubbing concrete, stopcock, erection aid, dielectric nipple, gang nail, STD's, bushing hammer, sanitary plug, vibrator, sex screws,  .....

Construction is just a bunch of dirty words + dimensions = a building.

Now that's what I'm talking about!  Stay away from him, girls. He's mine!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

7 hours ago, tangledwoods said:

caulk, erection, nipples, edging, shimming, pookey, butt-glazing, rim joist, flying buttress, weep hole, jack stud, groin, laying pipe, full penetration weld, double hung, rubbing concrete, stopcock, erection aid, dielectric nipple, gang nail, STD's, bushing hammer, sanitary plug, vibrator, sex screws,  .....

Construction is just a bunch of dirty words + dimensions = a building.

I can’t stop laughing at this. 

• Like 1

Looks like they are paving over the tripping hazards around the block. They have a skid steer with a jack hammer to remove the higher obstructions, dump truck with asphalt, and a roller. I assume this is so that people going to get popcorn and drinks don't trip at the drive-in theatre.

1zHhjON.jpg

j3bkQJr.jpg

byE9rfK.jpg

• Like 9