The Astoria: Condominium High-Rise At 1405 Post Oak Blvd.

wxman

WTF is with how they're color/texturing the exterior panels? Wouldn't it be more efficient to have them finished on the ground and just put them in place, rather than go through several iterations of applying coatings once they're already in place?

20150326_180539_zpsbpozrr5z.jpg

I don't know but how about the wells fargo and chase on the corner of San Felipe? Do they have really a long lease or own the land? Is there any development plan on those site? Those bank branches should only take half a floor of a tower... It is really not a good fit to see those country style banks and CVS in galleria...

#agree

not to seem insulting, but why can't you just say "I agree" Why #agree? comments don't even function in that way on this forum. I mean #'s have their benefits, but why say it like that? Honestly I'm confused by this.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 1

not to seem insulting, but why can't you just say "I agree" Why #agree? comments don't even function in that way on this forum. I mean #'s have their benefits, but why say it like that? Honestly I'm confused by this.

Lum don't let your educated and illuminated mind cloud your fun judgement! Even you post gifs.

• 2 weeks later...

It's  interesting how the north end of Post Oak Blvd has been such a hotspot for (planned and actual) development the last few years.  If redevelopment in the area resumes at a similar pace, I don't see how the dedicated bus lanes will be enough to serve people traveling into and/or around the area.  

My feeling is that further development will be inhibited by both the lack of (1) improvements in wheeled methods of travel into and through and (2) more friendly pedestrian-ways.  

OK now I will vent one of my pet peeves as a lowly pedestrian in this area.  In the quite nice pic above, consider a pedestrian wanting to enter Wulfe's nice BLVD Place development from the intersection of Post Oak and San Felipe.  After risking life and limb crossing the intersection on foot, one must clamber through the cheap ligustrum hedge etc, then between the parked cars parked on the pad in front.   Apparently no thought was given to making access pedestrian-friendly:  a walker has no choice than to walk where the cars go.  It would be such a relatively inexpensive and easy thing to lay things out so as to be more welcoming to pedestrians, at least those who arrive w/o needing a medic.

Edited by ArchFan
  • Like 2

^^^ OMG WOW!  what a brilliant illustration urbannizer.  is this really houston.....

Would love to bring some better street life to Post Oak with some CityCentre type development between Westheimer and the Uptown Park area (Ethan Allen/Grand Lux area, Container Store/Sports Authority area, Luby's/CPK area, Wells Fargo/Willie G's area, Fresh Market/Sovereign Bank/Randall's area and all the older apartment complexes lightly peppered throughout) mixed in with a few more towers. Uptown could potentially become a top destination in the world IMO if the retail/entertainment options are up to par.

No doubt that we need better transportation serving the area...with no structural street intervention.

• Like 1

That should be promising news for other potential developers like Hanover, Davis and Pelican to move forward

with their proposed projects and perhaps some others who have yet committed. There is a large pent-up demand

from people who would prefer to live in a quality high rise. Think of all of the people who have moved here

recently, wishing to live in high rise projects, with very few options. That will be possible now.