The Astoria: Condominium High-Rise At 1405 Post Oak Blvd.

wxman

• 2 weeks later...

Is that a bad thing?

Btw, even with the haze we are having today, I could see the diamond while driving north on 288.

Titan was more Jetsons, not a good or bad thing. The corner windows and the crown look very similar to the rendering we saw. Of course, the detailing will be different.

So it's got more of a futuristic vibe.. I guess that suits Randy's attempt at bringing Art Deco into the 21st century. I stayed at the Loews Miami and loved the hotel. Maybe I'm a fan of cheesy architecture..? Lol

The Loews in Miami is actually quite nice. But Randy's previous attempts at this are not. The way the tower looks now just reminded me of the Titan rendering.

• 4 weeks later...

So what will this new area filled with a cluster of towers on this side of Post Oak be called? Does it deserve its own name? NoPo? hahaha

I personally always just thought Uptown had 2 parts, inside the Loop and outside the Loop. The Outer Loop Uptown calls itself "Galleria Area" locally. The Inner Loop Uptown doesn't have a local name yet, but I think River Oaks District would work great. If you can refer to an area by the name of a mall (eg. "Galleria Area") then you could also refer to an area for a street level shopping district too IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Poor little Randy Davis. I bet he hates a few of you haif posters personally and you don't even know it. :lol:

My money is on "poor little Randy Davis" not really giving a @* about any of the HAIF posters.  ;-)

He's too busy building things and making money while they sit at their computers throwing spitballs.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 4

My money is on "poor little Randy Davis" not really giving a @* about any of the HAIF posters. ;-)

He's too busy building things and making money while they sit at their computers throwing spitballs.

On second thought, you're right.

He's probably too busy lighting cigars with $100,000 bearer bonds and snorting ****** off of a gucci supermodels **** in a penthouse suite somewhere to be worried about some neckbeards on HAIF complaining on the internet that his multi-million dollar making developments are too ugly for their poor student tastes. :lol:

• Like 2