The Astoria: Condominium High-Rise At 1405 Post Oak Blvd.

wxman

• 3 weeks later...

Something has changed on the last two floors that have been poured.  They are taller, and have a reinforced corner (south-east end).  I remember reading that some of the condo's were going to have soaking pools... wonder if that's what it is.

Penthouse ceilings are 2' higher than the other floors and they do have the optional pools on the south east end. Not sure how great that will be for the guys that have balconies above their pool, but the top floor pool (if they put one in) would be really legit. Will be interested to see hcad update to see who ended up snagging these.

i wonder if this area will ever actually be walkable? even with all these new towers, many of them are setback away from the street and lack any GRF. plus the infrastructure around uptown heavily favors cars. regardless, its always great to see some higher density.

Edited by apple addict
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It sure doesn't have a lot of windows for a residential high rise. I don't get it. All those views wasted with closets and baths likley on exterior walls. Oh, the humanity.

Not quite the waste of views of The Mercer.  :ph34r:

I'm sorry, but in my opinion, the Mercer is one ugly building. The podium, the color and details are just bad!

All it needs on top is the crown from the Memorial City tower and it would be the poster child of bad taste.

• Like 4