The Astoria: Condominium High-Rise At 1405 Post Oak Blvd.

wxman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
54 minutes ago, monarch said:

^^^ is the ASTORIA now wearing some form of construction makeup?

just how and when did this development become so beautiful?

is this for real....?

From close up the Astoria looks decent. The Astoria is one of those buildings that looks decent close up but extremely, and I do mean extremely ugly from far distances. 

I feel sorry for the people that preleased the Astoria. They paid their deposits thinking it'll look like the renderings that were released on construction start day and ended up with this ugly monstrosity instead.

Randall Davis is horrible. The Arabella's design was striking, dare I say breathtaking, and now there's a high chance that it'll end up ugly too just like the Astoria. Randy's track record is thus so far. 

On another note, I am holding out hope that the curving corner across the street from the Astoria will get developed, Posk Oak with curving skyscraper canyons will be incredible to see!! Hopefully developed by someone other than Randall Davis IMO.

Edited by Sellanious Caesar
  • Like 4

I'll give Randall Davis this much though, the sidewalks he built around the Astoria are wider and better than the sidewalks in all of the surrounding properties. Just take a look at this picture where the sidewalks on other buildings nearby are narrow 3 footers with massive setbacks. So kudos to Randy on fixing the sidewalk, at least on the premise of the property he owns. The extra width and standard of his sidewalk is great.  

Randall Davis report card

Sidewalks A-

Building architecture F-

astoria-profile-photo-1200x1800.jpg

Edited by Sellanious Caesar
  • Like 9

The work has kicked off.  Trees have been removed from 610 @ Post Oak to the new BHP building.  The ring at Uptown Park has come down.  temporary light poles are up at 610 (and half-strung), and the poles are up at Uptown Park.  Once the lights are strung the median is going to be paved over and traffic shifted over.  Then utility work starts. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

By my account, over 35% of the building is still for sale or lease. Some of the listings are as low as the 400s per/square foot and I believe there were some off market sales in the upper 300s. Can someone explain to me if this is typical for new construction? Before the building finished, listings were in the 600s. Was this considered a big financial flop (we can debate over the appearance of the building, but that's another story)? This same developer has a new project (Arabella) very close by selling in 600ish range too. With so much old inventory in Astoria, why move forward? 

• Like 1

My numbers are price per square foot. This one just went under option: 

www.har.com/u/31cb498C7

I think it is devloper inventory.  Non-developer inventory likely can't be priced the same as developer inventory until the developer sells out. I also received some information from the sales office about even less expensive per square foot units in the upper 300s. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

OH!!!!!!! haha heck no...where in the heck would i get my sausage mcgriddles at!!!???!!! 

🙈

also this place is ALWAYS busy for the most part...especially since they closed the one located inside the galleria! 

• Like 1

While yes, who knows...that could be an option one day, I doubt that would happen anytime soon. McDonalds is doing fine with no complaints or issues etc...haha! I think ekdrm2d1 just doesn't like McDonalds 🤡 

It is actually probably the nicest McDonalds in Houston that i personally know about and again... their move and rebuild being so recent and being pretty darn busy for the most part, i think it's here to stay!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, gene said:

I think ekdrm2d1 just doesn't like McDonalds 🤡 

Close.

https://www.treehugger.com/corporate-responsibility/fast-food-leaves-the-most-litter.html

It turns out that garbage from McDonald's is the most prevalent litter found on the streets of England.

It revealed that fast foods make up a quarter of all the litter found on the streets. It's pretty disgusting and the sidewalks show it.

Edited by ekdrm2d1
  • Like 1

haha understood and interesting as i have never seen litter around the post oak location and i even lived next door at Uptown Post Oak for 2 years so i guess we are more respectful in Uptown! :)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

So the biggest fast food chain also happens to produce a lot of items that end up as litter....shocked.

But why are we putting this on them? Once a person purchases their food its theirs and its their responsibility to throw it away properly. Their job is to make cheap food. Not to pick up after you.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• The title was changed to The Astoria: Condominiums At 1405 Post Oak Blvd.
  • 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to The Astoria: Condominium High-Rise At 1405 Post Oak Blvd.