Montrose Collective: Office Building With Retail At 888 Westheimer Rd.

trymahjong

34 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

Phase II (Montrose Collective Southwest) planned for the west side of Grant St.

What does this portend?
If I understand correctly, it has been replatted to make Uchi and the other building east of Aladdin part of a single reserve.
Will this allow for the construction of another large building (and the demolition of the current ones)?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dbigtex56 said:

What does this portend?
If I understand correctly, it has been replatted to make Uchi and the other building east of Aladdin part of a single reserve.
Will this allow for the construction of another large building (and the demolition of the current ones)?

That is correct.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BEES?! said:

(It has a marker of some sort-maybe it’s just a historical marker?) 

The plaque was installed by and property of the Texas Historical Commission. It confers no protections to the building. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, dbigtex56 said:

The plaque was installed by and property of the Texas Historical Commission. It confers no protections to the building. 

Much like the plaques in Saltgrass that say "In 1836, nothing at all happened here"

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 1:09 PM, wilcal said:

Thought I would post here first in case I'm missing something, but Uchi/Hue Salon/Rosemont re-platted to Unrestricted by a "Montrose Collective Southwest" by Radom. 

Did I miss something? They bought it 2 years ago, but I thought Uchi was staying. 

FkwVPEV.png

On 8/29/2021 at 11:46 AM, architeckton said:

It’s not being torn down or replaced. It’s major improvements to where the other businesses were previously. A facelift of sorts. I’m addition, the new plat is filed for change of ownership and consolidation of previous lots. 

Here's your answer. @wilcal

• Like 3

On 8/29/2021 at 12:46 PM, architeckton said:

It’s not being torn down or replaced. It’s major improvements to where the other businesses were previously. A facelift of sorts. I’m addition, the new plat is filed for change of ownership and consolidation of previous lots. 

After reading this post several times, I must confess that it still mystifies me.  
What "major improvements" might be made here, and to what? What's meant by "where the other businesses were previously"? What does any of this have to do with "A facelift of sorts"? Why would the individual lots need to be consolidated if there's no future plans to do something else with the properties? After all, they've been each sitting on their own little happy lots for decades. 
If someone can explain this to me, I thank you in advance. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

After reading this post several times, I must confess that it still mystifies me.  
What "major improvements" might be made here, and to what? What's meant by "where the other businesses were previously"? What does any of this have to do with "A facelift of sorts"? Why would the individual lots need to be consolidated if there's no future plans to do something else with the properties? After all, they've been each sitting on their own little happy lots for decades. 
If someone can explain this to me, I thank you in advance. 

They make them look more appealing, better sidewalks, add outdoor seating options, add better landscaping, facelift (as you mentioned)... 

Higher rent$

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really love the materials they used on this place. I think decades from now people will consider this to be a rather distinct and special building, while junkier less interesting structures being built around now will be nearing end of life.

Edited by zaphod
  • Like 4